2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Bromley PMLD Services, Golden Lane, Off Woodland Way, West Wickham, BR4 9RD
Full-time post – 38 hours per week
Salary £26,615 per annum
Job Ref: DMBR
Are you passionate about supporting people with disabilities to live full lives and realise their ambitions?
Are you looking for an opportunity to move into management role?
We are looking for a deputy manager to join our Bromley PMLD team and assist with managing one of the services for 4 residents living within a shared environment this is a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated and caring staff team.
The role will involve a mixture of management/ administrative duties as well as some day to day support sessions with people we support including community access, daily living activities and social activities. The position will include some rota management, supervisions and appraisals of staff, reviewing of support plans and risk assessments, managing health and safety checks and maintenance reporting.
You will work closely with both the Support Coordinator and the Service Manager in Bromley to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high-quality service. As well as assisting in implementing current legislation and CQC requirements. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and inclusive community links to achieve positive outcomes with the people we support. You will be expected to attend appointments with people we support and care reviews, record daily logs, administer medication, lead shifts and cover the rota where necessary.
Skills and Expertise
• Share our values of enabling, empowering and engaging
• Ability to supervise staff
• Have experience of providing support to people with learning disabilities/ autism and or complex needs and or behaviours of concern
• Effectively communicate with staff at all levels and with professionals and families external to the service
• Be confident in using your own initiative and deputising for the Service Manager (as needed)
• Have strong IT skills and able to manage own time and work under pressure
• Creativity, motivation and enthusiasm to bring new ideas into the service
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
• 25 days Annual leave excluding bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
• Blue Light Card
Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people for over 40 years. Set up by parents of children with a disability looking for alternatives to institutional care, our aim is to support people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, accept responsibilities and develop as individuals.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to Outward Housing’s recruitment site.
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 8th September 2020
Interviews will be held on 18th September 2020
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.