2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Anthony Kendall House, Supported Living Service, Hackney, London
Full time Permanent – 38 hours per week
Salary: £26,615.00 per annum
For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, take advantage of opportunities and live the lives they want.
An exciting employment opportunity has come up in a new service based in the London Borough of Hackney.
We are looking for Female Deputy Manager to join our team in Outward and assist with management of our new service, Anthony Kendall House. This is due to the cultural aspects and personal care needs of the people we support. A male Deputy Manager is already in post at the Service.
“Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.”
The service will be providing bespoke support care packages to FIVE individuals living in their own flats with learning disabilities, complex needs, Autism and may display behaviours of concern. It is an opportunity that will see you gain clinical experience in Autism and Positive Behaviour Support.
About the Role
The role will include a mixture of management/administration duties as well as day to day support including community access sessions, support with daily living activities, and social activities. Additionally, the role will include organising rotas, staff probation reviews, supervisions, updating support plans, risk assessments, fire and health and safety checks, recruitment and maintenance reporting.
In this role you will work closely with the Service Manager to inspire and motivate the team to provide a high quality service as well assist in implementing current legislation and CQC requirements. Acting as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and inclusive community links. You will be expected to attend appointments with the people we support, attend care reviews, review and update care plans and risk assessments, record and monitor daily logs, lead shifts, administer medication, and cover the rota where necessary.
It would be desirable for applicants to hold a full valid driving licence and have access to their own vehicle or be willing to drive a Motability vehicle.
Skills and expertise:
• Experience of implementing of Positive Behaviour Support approaches and experience of direct support of people with Autism
• Experience of managing the rota
• Share our values of Enabling, Empowering and Engaging
• Experience of supervising staff and effectively communicate with them at all levels
• Be confident in using own initiative and deputising for the Service Manager
• Have strong IT skills, and ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure
• Be flexible to work early mornings, late evenings, days and sleep ins across a 7 day rota. (Subject to any changes). There would also be a requirement to support the Service Manager with Waking Night spot checks.
Outward has a comprehensive selection of benefits including:
• 25 days Annual Leave excluding Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
• Blue Light Card
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to Outward Housing’s recruitment site.
The closing date for all applications is 23:59pm on 18th October 2020
Interviews will be held on 27th October 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expect all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
Outward is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.