2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Group Financial Controller
• Qualified Accountant CIMA or similar
• Extensive experience in a similar role within a SME.
• Confident to take the lead in the financial and commercial administration of the various Companies with the Group.
• Must have excellent IT skills and experience of various of different Accounting systems with
• a good understanding and knowledge of Excel, with advanced skills preferred.
• Will be required to have a great attention to detail with a high level of accuracy along with being both organised and methodical.
• Able to deal with unexpected challenges in a prompt and efficient manner.
• A competitive salary is offered with other benefits, including an opportunity to join the Board of Directors at a later point.
This lead role and great opportunity requires an experienced and strong Financial Manager/Controller who must have extensive experience and be prepared to be ‘hands on’ in all aspects of the running of the Accounts department. Within the duties of this varied role will be other aspects of the general overseeing and responsibility of several businesses except for their operation. Working closely with the Operation Directors within the Group and reporting directly to the MD.
Further details of the position:
• Monitor the day to day financial operations of the Company.
• Lead and develop a 4-person accounts team, including a Management Accountant.
• Oversee and contribute in the preparation of monthly managements accounts to be presented to the Directors.
• Oversee and be responsible for monthly Management accounts & Balance Sheet reconciliations for all companies with the group. This to include analysis and variances.
• Daily focus on cash balances and cash flow management.
Budgeting & Forecasting
• Oversee and be responsible for accurate payroll processing to strict deadlines
• Year End statutory reporting Process with Company Accountants and liaison with the Company Auditors.
• Ensuring all HMRC tax, auditing, banking, Statutory, commercial, and financial requirements are always completed on time. This to include various insurance & GDPR.
• Track each Companies financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
• Continuous development and improvements of systems, processes, and procedures both across the finance function and other areas of the businesses.
• Seek out cost-reduction opportunities.
CV & covering letter required.