2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
IT Service Desk – Team Leader
Bredbury based, however due to the current COIVD-19 pandemic this role will be remote/working from home for the foreseeable future.
27k-32k based on experience plus Car or Car allowance
Full Time Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
The IT Service Desk Team Leader role is responsible for the day-to-day operational management and leadership of the IT Service Desk. Ensuring that the team provides high quality support alongside industry leading customer service.
This role is designed to lead and manage Service Desk Engineers across both call handling and order delivery work with a strong emphasis on achieving agreed SLAs against crucial targets.
The IT Service Desk Team Leader will manage the workflows, assignments and development of the teams to ensure the personal growth and success of your team. Giving coaching, mentoring and constructive feedback alongside arranging training and acknowledging success.
You will be expected to play an active part in the delivery of internal projects as the business grows, help design and maintain process and put policies in place to grow the service offerings and improve efficiency across all IT areas.
Reasonable flexibility is required within the role to adapt to, and deliver, developing business needs.
• A range of work and duties around Active’s IT Service Desk and IT Delivery function.
• Ensure that Incidents and Service Requests assigned to the team are fulfilled in a timely manner and that customers are sent notification when work is complete.
• Ensure that the team provide the expected level of IT service to our customers and that any disruption to service is minimised.
• Provide a point of escalation for issues raised by team members, including both technical queries, provisioning, orders, solution design and more general issues.
• Engage with software vendors and hardware suppliers to ensure that a good working relationship is maintained.
• Build relationships with representatives in key business areas in order to review the service provided by the team and understand how systems are used throughout the business.
• Forecasting and forward planning of team resources required to meet the demands of day to day support activities.
• Active direct line management of the team members including performance reviews and personal development pathways.
• Ensuring quality of delivery and adherence to policies and best practices through effective coaching and training.
• Undertaking reviews of service quality, demands and skill sets taking steps to address any shortages or gaps. Ensuring the team is appropriately skilled and knowledgeable to deliver, and maintain, an excellent customer experience.
• Communicating effectively with Service desk employees and management levels to set expectations and maintain visibility.
• Support planning and implementation of the wider IT Service changes, plans and initiatives.
• Applies effective personal Time Management and Planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner, proactively notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates.
• Reporting – define and manage the metrics required to manage the area, and identify trends and supporting treatment plans to remediate issues and risks.
• Ensures accurate time recording and relevant cost control for all team activities.
• Supports relevant cost recovery and cross charging in line with defined controls and processes.
• To lead, by example, in the adherence on expected behaviours and standards.
• To take an active interest in developments across the business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified or strong experience of Service Delivery methodologies.
• Experience within a service contact centre.
• Experience of team management.
• Strong communication skills to various levels of management and customers.
• History of setting expectations and handling escalation issues.
• Ability to take a pragmatic approach when faced with challenges.
• ITIL foundation or higher.
• Relevant high IT qualifications.
• High level of self-motivation with the desire to succeed.
• Driven to measure, improve and optimise processes and systems.
• Ability to work openly and collaboratively, at all levels, to maximise overall organisational health.
• Adaptable and able to embrace change.
• Be innovative in approach and look for opportunities to improve.
• Drive and desire to learn and develop own career.
Active Business Communications is an award-winning IT and Telecoms service provider with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been using our knowledge and expertise to help our customers get the very best from technology for many years.
The world of technology changes rapidly and our in-depth knowledge allows Active to operate as a true end to end partner.
We’re looking for an experienced Team Leader who can lead by example and successfully manage our Service Desk function.
• 22 days annual leave (increasing to 27 over 5 years) plus bank holidays with an extra day off for your birthday and the ability book time in hours for extra flexibility
• Buy/sell annual leave (up to 2 days per year)
• Wellbeing scheme and 1-week paid sickness benefit
• Free on-site parking
• Being part of a cohesive and supportive team
• A supported induction and training on the job to get you up and running quickly
• Encouragement and support to continually progress your skills and career development
• Autonomy and the chance to deliver results in your way
• Being visible in a small business; the chance to show what you can do and to be recognised for your contribution
If you have the skills, experience, and enthusiasm to take on this challenge and succeed in a fast moving, competitive technology-based environment, we would really like to hear from you. Please click ‘Apply’ to forward a copy of your CV.