2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Operations Manager – Medical Warehouse Solutions Division
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Benefits: 6% Pension – company contribution, Dental care, Uniform, loyalty bonus (after 2 years service), 20 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day per year to a maximium of 25 days after 2 years service)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time (Monday – Friday 45 hours per week )
Rhenus High Tech is a specialist logistics solutions company providing specialist transport, engineering, warehousing and management for medical, computer, print and other hi-tech industries.
Through a continuous investment in technology solutions and logistical resources, we have built a foundation of knowledge and expertise that enables the business to deliver an unrivalled range of value-added logistics services.
We are looking to recruit a Medical Warehouse Solutions Division – Operations Manager to join our team based in Ashford, Middlesex TW15 (near Heathrow Airport).
The Operations Manager for the MWS Division, will be responsible for the smooth running of the warehousing services and required to deliver excellent customer service to each account. You will be the interface with Warehouse Management to ensure the delivery of day to day planning and management of a team of multi skilled warehouse operatives and technicians. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring all customer’s goods are stored accurately and maintained correctly using the customer specific software. The successful candidate must be able to maintain composure under pressure, whilst ensuring all activities are completed in an organised manner and to specific timescales. The Operations Manager must also be able to confidently and competently deliver a degree of customer facing activities, encouraging and mentoring team members to adopt these professional practices, leading by example at all times. Working alongside the Rhenus Customer Service Team, is a critical part of this role.
The Operations Manager should be able to identify commercial and strategic opportunities whilst maintaining a daily focus on achieving operational excellence.
Input to and management of the P&L will also be a key part of this role.
This role reports directly to the General Manager for this Division.
Main Operational Activities
• Ensure that all procedures are followed and detailed records are kept, for Goods In, Goods Out, Quarantine and all other processes.
• Manage and oversee all stock control transactions, both system transactions and physical locations.
• Ensure that all warehouse activities are closely managed and any issues immediately dealt with and escalated.
• Ensure all activities are organised and jobs are assigned accordingly to appropriate personnel.
• Ensure that weekly cyclical counts and monthly and annual stock checks are undertaken and are accurate fully adopting GE Oracle system/WMS processes. Work with auditors to check stock and verify locations during annual inventory (PI).
• Investigate and report on any warehouse issues for damaged or missing stock.
• Implement any corrective actions that come from investigations of issues and escalate to the GM as necessary.
• Through maintaining and developing the SOPs, constantly review processes and systems, recommending improvements and changes.
• Support the production of key data to allow the creation and analysis of KPI reports.
• Monitor and achieve relevant KPI targets.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (Finance, Transport, Warehouse, HR etc.), through internal improvements as well as co-ordination and communication between support and Business Units.
• Look for and implement cost reduction measures where possible in all aspects of warehouse activities whilst liaising with the General Manager and Warehouse Operations Manager.
• Develop and manage annual budget and forecasting.
• Review and monitor financial statements, sales and activity reports and other key performance data measuring productivity and achievement to determine areas that need improvements or cost reduction.
• Liaise with the General Manager to ensure that the customer is invoiced for all chargeable warehouse activities on a monthly basis.
• Analysis and presentation to customers of their expenditure, providing explanations and prompts.
• Leading operational conference calls with customers.
• Assist in the preparation of QBR data analysis and presentation to customers.
• Develop inter-department training regimes to broaden warehouse flexibility.
• Stand in for the General Manager when absent, co-ordinating all key personnel to maintain excellent customer service and maintaining control – both operational and financial.
Main Staff Activities
• Encourage and motivate staff to achieve an efficient and effective warehouse environment.
• Management of staff to ensure adequate coverage at all times and excellent customer service is provided to our customers, meeting and excelling all quality targets.
• Undertake staff performance reviews, setting objectives, identifying improvement areas and recommending training.
• Conduct interviews and disciplinary meetings.
• Assist in the planning and organising of staff training both internal and external in order to develop staff skills.
• Recruitment of warehouse staff.
• Design and facilitate new employees‘ inductions programmes
Key Skills and Experience
• Experience of Oracle is essential.
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer management relationship skills.
• Good level of education.
• Good general IT skills, minimum intermediate Excel capabilities.
• Team member who can also work on own initiative.
• Very presentable appearance with polite, professional and enthusiastic manner.
• A flexible and can-do attitude – with an ability to think creatively outside the box and develop solutions.
• Self-motivated to strive for continuous improvement and set high standards.
• Three to five years of experience as a Warehouse/Operations Manager in a high value, high tech environment is preferred.
• Commercially astute with direct customer service experience.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation.
• Managing warehouse, admin, stock control including perpetual stock checks and reporting.
• Holds a driving licence.
To be considered for this position, please click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for this position.
All Applications must be submitted by 17:30hrs on 11th January 2021
If you do not hear from the HR Department within 2 weeks of submitting your application, then you have not been successful on this occasion.