2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Salary: £28,275 – £30,420 per annum, DOE
To work as a member of our Multidisciplinary Care Team. Qualified Nurses are expected to take overall responsibility for All Hallows, to provide a high quality, safe, supportive environment in order to care for residents within this specialist area meeting the identified physical, mental and social care needs. To ensure the effective running of activities and resident programmes. To effectively manage non-qualified staff and other team members.
To take part in an out of hours (off shift) on call system in covering the units and providing emergency cover to all units in the absence of qualified nursing staff. This is planned in advance on an on call rota system which all qualified nurses must take part in.
To report to the Nurse Manager and Clinical Director.
Hours of Work
This post may require you to work day or night shifts, with notice given.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of all company policy and procedures and ensure these are followed at all times.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in accordance with all Health and Safety, Infection Control, COSHH, and other government legislation.
• Assist in maintaining all COSHH records.
• Daily responsibility as Fire Warden – fulfil responsibilities required.
• To take responsibility for the residents and staff as Nurse In Charge of the unit during designated shift.
• Monitoring levels, safety and appropriate use of all stocks and supplies, carry out when required stock ordering.
• Ensuring the fabric and integrity of the building, fixtures and fittings is maintained to a high standard.
• Assist all non-qualified staff in the best use of their time, to the benefit of themselves, residents and the team in general.
• Monitor staffs’ dress standard, behaviour and performance whilst on duty.
• Ensure you are fully aware and operate within all policies and procedures, regularly updating knowledge of any changes.
• Responsible for the security of all keys, alarms and communication equipment and that these are carried at the directed times.
• Ensure keys, alarms and communication aids are carried by all staff on duty.
• Ensure and monitor all unit cleaning regimes and protocols in place are audited across site.
• Carry out responsibilities with due regard to the units equal opportunities and diversity policy.
• Ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within this area of work.
• To act at all times in a professional manner, role model – as an ambassador of excellence for The Oakleaf Group.
• Work with the Multidisciplinary Team in maintaining CQC Inspections and the National Service frameworks minimum standards.
• Be aware of the responsibility of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all residents, visitors and staff.
• To offer support and assist senior management in debriefing colleagues following any required incident.
• Assist in areas of staff poor performance / disciplinary action.
• To maintain the morale of the team.
• Delegate projects and responsibilities.
• To meet requested tasks and deadlines as defined by the Registered Nurse Manager.
• To follow the nursing process in developing effective care plans and ensure all staff adheres to prescribed care delivery.
• Responsible for ensuring referral enquiries are dealt with in an efficient courteous manner.
• To assist in delivering personal care to residents whilst respecting privacy, dignity and personal boundaries.
• To promote residents choice and equality.
• To be fully aware of all emergency procedures/administer basic life support.
• Delegation and coordination of special nursing observations and ensure observation protocols and paperwork completed and sent to appropriate managers.
• To undertake clinical assessments.
• Responsible for the ordering, stock control, storage, counts and administration of medicines in line with all CQC and NMC guidelines and requirements.
• To maintain collaborative working relationships with attending professionals and medical staff.
• Take active part in out of hours on-call policy and procedure.
• Responsible in carrying out mandatory/in house training.
• Take responsibility to ensure staff are suitably inducted and supported so as to achieve their optimum potential within their role.
• Assist junior staff in NVQ training.
• To monitor and develop your own educational needs and to ensure you are able to meet the requirements of your job role.
• Be prepared to undertake training to the benefit of delivery of care at The Oakleaf Group.
• Attend and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all mandatory training and other unit in house training as prescribed.
• To be, when appropriate, involved in external training, assessment, conferences and promotional work.
• To undertake research and seek to publish findings in relevant journals and related publications.
• To mentor and support student nurses.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply!