2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Flexi Zero Hours Contract
ASD Outreach Service
Various London Boroughs but based in Walthamstow E17 3NU
Hourly rate £10.00 per hour
For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength-to-strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community, take advantage of opportunities to develop as individuals and live the lives they want.
About the Role
We are looking for support workers for our ASD Outreach team.
The ASD Outreach team provide support to individuals with Autism who either live on their own or with their families across a number of boroughs in North and East London.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed individuals to join the teams. If you feel you can bring a fresh approach, some new ideas and a commitment to supporting vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals then we want to hear from you.
As a Support Worker your duties will include:
• Provide support to individuals in line with agreed support plans
• Coordinating packages of care and support for individuals and supporting individuals with reviews of support and any needs for long term care or support.
• Demonstrate good IT skills, and be able to record information clearly and professionally
• Good verbal communication skills; be able to liaise professionally with a range of external stakeholders, care managers, health professionals, other services and providers of support, and family members of customers.
• Delivering a service that promotes and supports choice, empowers individuals, helps people take control of their own support and care, and increases their independence and self-determination.
• Putting the person we support at the heart of your work, promoting each individual’s needs for independence, well-being and dignity
• Flexible approach to working shift patterns, which will include evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
• To contribute in the compilation of essential documents.
We are a forward thinking organisation, committed to providing the best support possible to vulnerable people therefore you will be provided with comprehensive training and will be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
We value everything our staff do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package:
• Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised by Outward.
If you think you have the necessary skills and the right attitude for the role please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to Outward Housing’s recruitment site.
The closing date for all applications is 9am on 6th July 2020
Interviews will be held on 15th & 16th July 2020
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.