2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Salary: £30,000 – £32,500 (Dependant on experience)
Reporting to: Senior Management Team
Hours: 37.5 per week over 5 days
Safety Management Advisory Services is part of a collective group, who is a specialist and rapidly growing company in procurement, working with many of the leading UK house builders and construction companies by managing their approved contractors.
The post holder will be office based and will manage a team, which undertake audits of companies’ management systems to ensure they meet the requirement of the SMAS Worksafe procurement questions.
The Health & Safety audit will include the review of documentation to confirm Health & Safety competence by fulfilling core criteria under SSIP. As a full member of the SSIP Forum we offer a nationally recognised Pre-Qualification Health & Safety scheme.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Technical Expert who will maintain the quality of the assessment process, the technical knowledge of the assessment team and liaise with industry experts. The holder of the position will also work closely with the Senior Management Team with both the strategic planning and future developments of the health & safety assessment procedures in order to keep abreast of the future requirements of a rapidly growing and expanding business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Management of the assessment team to deliver a consistent standard.
• Coordination and monitoring of the assessment team workload.
• Provide Technical advice to the assessment team on any relevant topic.
• Ensure the reviews of assessments meets SSIP rules and bylaws
• Establish and deliver a CPD Training programme for the assessment team.
• Implement & Update of the organisations Technical Library.
• Deal with Member observations and complaints.
• Develop relationships with key H&S Consultancies.
• Develop contact with industry trade experts.
• Input into the development of the new business opportunities.
• Provide customer service to ensure it meets SMAS ethos
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of successful delivering of Health & Safety Training.
• Substantial Construction experience.
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience to deliver information and talk confidently with other Health & safety professionals.
• Experience of implementing, monitoring and auditing H&S management systems.
• Experience of supervising a team and react quickly and effectively to resource and manage a fluctuating workflow
• Experience of delivering H&S Training with substantial construction site supervisor/ management experience or equivalent. You must have knowledge and experience of the conditions, problems, pressures, practices and legal issues which affect carrying out construction work, with specific focus on H&S.
• Have a very good understanding of current Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 and Health & Safety legislation.
• Have experience in training and delivery of information and understand the development cycle
• Be able to update technical information and CPD material.
• Able to deliver courses in group settings.
• NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health and/or NEBOSH General Certificate in Construction Safety & Health.
• Level 2 Certificate in adult Numeracy and Literacy.
• Health & Safety experience.
• NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Safety and Health.
• Level 3 preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) or equivalent.
• NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma
• Tech IOSH or above
• Communication Skills Internal and External: Must be able to communicate technical knowledge confidently. Able to listen to challenges and resolve complaints and issues. The skill to engage with the assessment team and Senior Management Team conveying messages clearly. Ability to act as a mentor and coach team members when required.
• Functional skills & ICT: A good level of English spelling, grammar and computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft programmes.
• Leadership Skills: Must be able to assess and analyse workloads and the technical capabilities of the team to maximise efficiency.
• Attention to detail / Technical knowledge: Must have a desire for quality and clear focus on attention to detail and process management delivery consistency across the team. Needs to demonstrate continuous personal development in the acquisition on new technical knowledge and the ability to apply that knowledge.
• Enthusiasm and Personal Drive: Must be committed, focused and resilient team player always looking to innovate and bring new ideas to the table and explore new business opportunities.
Please click ‘Apply’ now to continue your application.