2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions
UC Technical Support
Bredbury based, however due to the current COIVD-19 pandemic this role will be remote/working from home for the foreseeable future.
20-22k based on Experience
Full Time Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm
The UC Support role is to assist both the delivery and support of new customers across Unified Communications and IT products and services. Two key areas:
• Helpdesk – You will provide day to day 1st and 2nd line technical support to business customers
• Projects and Orders – You will be assigned new orders and projects to design and manage through to installation.
• Resolving technical support queries across Telecoms and IT products and services.
• Reporting and coordinating for all escalated and critical issues.
• Provide online/phone training to customers on how to use their systems and our services.
• Create and design solutions for our customers, based on their telecom needs.
• Ensure that all helpdesk queries are answered and dealt with appropriately within the agreed service levels.
• Deal with general customer inquiries and to provide first and second line support on the helpdesk including setting up new users, password resets, dealing with call routing changes and other telecom related change requests
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
• Interact with customers, staff and external third parties, quickly gaining the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with issues, keeping customers updated and providing feedback on the progress of logged issues.
• Implementing and testing all on-boarding and off-boarding requests, including add, moves and changes to phone system setup.
• Co-ordinating of fixed telephony orders and projects.
• Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers.
• Requesting engineering resource and provision and sign off by the customer.
• Organising kit delivery.
• Arranging network-related services.
• Porting numbers.
• Liaising with the technical department and assigning tasks.
• Speaking to customer about the project and rollout.
• Assisting the team with all the projects as needed.
• Updating internal platforms, systems and third-party portals.
• Taking calls and email requests from customers.
• Responding to customer requests.
• Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on an “as needed” basis to ensure SLA’s and customer expectations are met.
• Develop documentation related to services, procedures and processes.
• Liaise with third party suppliers as applicable.
Qualifications and Experience
• Sound understanding of network technologies and principles is needed. For example: VLAN, VPN’s and firewalls.
• Previous Gamma, VoiP, Fixed Line and IT experience would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to interface with customers.
• Previous proven experience within an IT or Telecoms helpdesk.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Able to prioritise workload.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Well organised.
• A good level of business English writing skills / grammar.
• Being confident, positive, focused and motivated.
• Be able to adapt to numerous situations. High level of self-motivation with the desire to succeed.
• Driven to measure, improve and optimise processes and systems.
• Be innovative in approach and look for opportunities to improve.
• Drive and desire to learn and develop own career.
Active Business Communications is an award-winning IT and Telecoms service provider with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been using our knowledge and expertise to help our customers get the very best from technology for many years.
The world of technology changes rapidly and our in-depth knowledge allows Active to operate as a true end to end partner.
We’re looking for an experienced team leader who can lead by example and successfully manage our service desk function.
• 22 days annual leave (increasing to 27 over 5 years) plus bank holidays with an extra day off for your birthday and the ability book time in hours for extra flexibility
• Buy/sell annual leave (up to 2 days per year)
• Wellbeing scheme and 1-week paid sickness benefit
• Free on-site parking
• Being part of a cohesive and supportive team
• A supported induction and training on the job to get you up and running quickly
• Encouragement and support to continually progress your skills and career development
• Autonomy and the chance to deliver results in your way
• Being visible in a small business; the chance to show what you can do and to be recognised for your contribution
If you have the skills, experience, and enthusiasm to take on this challenge and succeed in a fast moving, competitive technology-based environment, we would really like to hear from you. Please click ‘Apply’ to forward a copy of your CV.