2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Assistant Delivery Manager – Jobs
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £35,945 to £40,461 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 18th July 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
We are committed to ensuring that every resident has the opportunity to reach their potential by providing people with the skills to obtain good jobs and careers. In August 2019, the WMCA took over responsibility for the Adult Education Budget (AEB) and how it is delivered. The AEB aims to engage adults and employers to provide the skills and learning needed in the region to equip adults for work, upskill current employees and find specialist training. The WMCA has identified that adult education can enhance the quality of life, self-confidence and opportunities of adult residents in the West Midlands, whilst supporting employers and providing them with the talent and skills they need from staff to boost productivity and growth.
As Assistant Delivery Manager, you will support the development and delivery of the West Midlands jobs plan and support the delivery of thousands of jobs. This critical role will work with partners and employers to identify job opportunities, delivered through public and private sector investment. Crucially the role will support the Head of Skills Development to ensure that we maximise investment and growth in the West Midlands to create good job opportunities for residents and get the right training provision and employment support in place – so all residents can benefit from opportunities.
What will you be doing?
• Support the Head of Skills Development to create and deliver an action-focused employer engagement strategy that targets regional and local employers to ensure they recruit locally
• Engage key partners to map large scale public sector investment and identify areas for job creation
• Work with the Productivity and Skills colleagues to target large employers (e.g. HS2) to gain clear commitments to local job creation
• Seek out best practice use of social value and public procurement to increase the number of good jobs in the region
• Report on job creation and local recruitment delivered through large scale investment and public procurement
We’re looking for someone who understands the employment, skills and training landscape, with a particular focus on, and interest in, the West Midlands. Our ideal applicant will have:
• Proven experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders all working towards the same end goal
• Proven ability to contribute towards solving complex problems and identify innovative solutions
• Proven experience in supporting with the management and monitoring of programmes and performance effectively
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to use evidence to support decision making
• Understanding of the political processes and experience of managing politically sensitive issues
• Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage competing priorities whilst delivering on a broad range of projects and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities
• Ability to work independently
About the team
Productivity & Skills, the employment, education and skills arm of the West Midlands Combined Authority is committed to ensuring that every resident can reach their potential and that business growth is accelerated through access to a skilled workforce. We focus on improving skill levels, tackling poor connectivity and increasing employment opportunities. We help more people access high-quality training and employment opportunities, increase skills levels in priority growth sectors and create a responsive regional skills system that provides people with the skills to sustain good jobs and careers.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our employees feel they can make a difference and are excited by the growth and the potential to shape the future. As we undergo a period of significant change, our employees are engaging with what is going on and we are encouraging a culture where people feel they can contribute towards improvements.
We’re ambitious, forward-thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
We are designing our organisation of the future and planning a new, flexible approach to the way we use our office space. This approach will mean most of us working from home some of the time and using our office space to come together to share ideas and learn from each other. We will continue to use digital technology for meetings, collaboration and communications – bringing teams together virtually wherever they’re working, saving time and spending on travel.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive a benefits package that includes 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.