2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £37,024 to £41,671 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 1st August 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
Are you a Business Analyst with experience of working on large-scale transformation projects? Do you have a good understanding of the full business analysis lifecycle from Pre-Project and Scoping to User Acceptance Testing and Release Management? Do you have what it takes to articulate technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience?
Joining the team on a 12-month fixed-term contract, you will play an important part in delivering business outcomes by providing the link between customers and service users and the Digital and Data Team. Working across the organisation, and engaging with a range of stakeholders, you will act as a ‘translator’ to identify enhanced digital ways of working and process flow opportunities, converting business requirements into technical specifications. The position plays a key role in ensuring that WMCA continually develops and maintains a strong relationship between the Digital and Data Team and the wider business.
What will you be doing?
• Perform Business Analyst activities across WMCA systems, from requirements gathering, route to market, implementation, and realisation of the benefits of the new system
• Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes in order to recommend business and flow improvements
• Contribute to the strategy for improving the current digital ways of working, optimising business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programmes
• Work with project stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback relating to the identified services, functions, or products throughout evaluation, design, and implementation
• Collect, understand and document business requirements and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans, ensuring the organisation’s requirements are understood and delivered by suppliers
• Ensure plans are in place and processes are created to evaluate the impact of all changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and enhancing this area of work
• Use data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes, identifying potential areas of automation in reengineering the underlying business processes
• Ensure systems are tested and signed off by the business adequately prior to implementation and ensuring benefit and value realisation post-implementation
• Support the Lead Business Analyst and working with other members of the business as and when required to deliver a customer-centric service
• We’re committed to delivering a modern, high-quality customer-focused Digital and Data function and, as Business Analyst, you’ll play a big part in this. It’s a new team so how you fit with us and, equally, how we fit with you is important in making this a reality.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about business analysis. Someone who has excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills and someone who can easily demonstrate where they have added value working on large-scale transformation projects. With your background and experience in business process management, process mapping, modelling, and optimisation methodologies, you’ll be well practiced in identifying opportunities and resolving issues experienced by customer leads and end-users.
You’ll be comfortable working with and through others to get things done and have a track record of building rapport and excellent relationships with a range of stakeholders to ensure a user-centric experience. Furthermore, you’ll have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be capable of articulating technical solutions to both technical and non-technical people.
About the team
The Digital and Data Team has recently been revamped; we are creating a high-performing team that can provide excellent support to the complex multi-functions of the WMCA. Our key aim is to deliver a robust, high-quality customer-focused Digital and Data function to our stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a time when we’re modernising our ways of working and delivering significant advancements in our digital services – and your expertise will help develop and shape our future vision and implement cutting-edge technologies.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region, and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
As an employer we fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us. We are committed to providing a positive, healthy, and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List, and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our employees feel they can make a difference and are excited by the growth and the potential to shape the future. As the WMCA is undergoing a period of significant change, our employees are engaging with what is going on and we are encouraging a culture where people feel they can contribute towards improvements.
We’re ambitious, forward-thinking, and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality, and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
We are designing our organisation of the future and planning a new, flexible approach to the way we use our office space. This approach will mean most of us working from home some of the time and using our office space to come together to share ideas and learn from each other. We will continue to use digital technology for meetings, collaboration, and communications – bringing teams together virtually wherever they’re working, saving time and spending on travel.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian, and ethnic minority groups, and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.
To apply for this job please visit emea3.recruitmentplatform.com.