2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Reporting to: Joint Managing Director
Location: Hybrid- 3 days remote, 2 days Winsford
Type: Permanent/ Full Time/ 40 hours per week
Salary: 31-33k per annum
Summary of Role:
Part of a highly successful Europe-wide group with a turnover in excess of £400m, H2eCommerce, based in Cheshire, operates market-leading online retailers Cartridge People and Cartridge Shop and specialises in printer consumables, printers and stationery supplies.
We are looking to appoint a talented Buyer within our vibrant and commercially focussed Operations team.
Reporting to the Joint Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of a range of printer hardware and inkjet consumables, ensuring optimum quality and price for the consumer. While meeting agreed targets, you will manage supplier relationships in order to maintain our exceptional product quality and competitive market position.
Internally, you will create open inter-departmental relationships in order to provide an excellent customer experience. You will strongly contribute to the smooth running and profitability of the business as a whole.
This role is hybrid. 3 days to be worked remotely and 2 days in our Winsford offices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage daily availability of products, ensuring maximum product availability.
• Develop and expand the company’s own brand proposition.
• Forecast product sales in line with company targets, monthly trends and product promotions.
• Ensure that we are first to market with new and emerging products.
• Confirm the timely delivery of stock in line with consumer requirement.
• Negotiate the purchase price of existing and new products. Monitor the performance of all suppliers and products.
• Consider currency variations, production and logistics variables to ensure that products remain profitable.
• Identify potential new suppliers and engage at international trade shows.
• Manage the internal cartridge recycling function, set clear objectives and offer support and guidance.
• Fully utilise all available reports to develop knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding stock and margin.
• Build relationships with departmental heads and internal team members.
• Report potential difficulties and maintain a high standard of professionalism in communications.
• Adhere to the company’s policies, values and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Ideally you are currently working as a Buyer or Junior Buyer, ready to take the next step in your career.
• At least 2 years of experience in a Buyer’s role.
• Naturally positive communicator.
• Very confident with Excel and Microsoft systems.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Commercial awareness and the ability to build key relationships with suppliers.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Highly numerate with a good eye for accuracy.
• Experience of product management software and data feeds.
• Driven to achieve key business objectives.
• Generous annual leave with an additional day of leave for each year spent with the company, up to 33 days holiday per year.
• Genuine potential for career progression and training with clear development objectives and support.
• Annual salary review and development plan.
• Death in service insurance.
• Specsavers vision tests and eye care.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Staff discount on products.
• Staff recognition scheme.
• GP access and mental health counselling support.
• Yearly flu vaccinations.
• Free parking with easy access to rail and bus routes.
• Fun and exciting social and team-building events.
• Generous long service cash rewards starting at 5 years of service and paid every 2.5 years thereafter.
To apply for this role, please click “APPLY” to send your CV.