2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
CAD Technician / Design Engineer
Location: On-Site – Chester-le-Street, DH2 1AG
Initial Rate: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Starting: May 2022
Hours: Normal hours of work are 39.5 hours a week
Monday to Friday – Flexible Working Possible
Steelcraft Ltd is an SME manufacturer of architectural metalwork including balustrades, balconies, railings & gates. The company has built a strong reputation and is looking to fill a vacancy in the design team.
They are looking to take on an experienced 2D or 3D CAD Technician to join the drawing office. Your role would involve the use of either AutoCAD Lt or Solidworks to prepare both general and detailed CAD drawings for the fabrication and installation teams. You would also be required to produce accompanying documents such as material requisition and cutting lists and to assist in new product development. Solidworks experience would be advantageous to play a role in their migration to this system.
You must be able to express yourself clearly, accurately and concisely in spoken, written and drawn formats. Good mathematical and problem-solving abilities are essential to the role.
IMPORTANT: Only candidates with CAD experience will be considered.
• CAD Software Experience – Essential
• 3D CAD Experience – Highly Advantageous
• AutoCAD Lt Experience – Highly Advantageous
• Industry Specific (Architectural Metalwork) CAD – Highly Advantageous
• Industry Specific (Fabrication) CAD – Advantageous
• Industry Specific (Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing) CAD – Advantageous
• Computer Aptitude – Essential
• Communication (written, spoken & drawn) – Essential
• Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9-4 (A*-C) – Essential
• CAD Qualification/s – Highly Advantageous
• 3 other GCSEs (or equivalent) grade 9-4 (A*-C) incl. English – Recommended
Please click ‘Apply’ to forward your CV and ensure you include a cover letter for your application to be considered.