2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Commercial Manager/Sales Operations Manager
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Reporting To: Head of Commercial Operations
Hours of Work: Full Time
Salary: up to £45k plus car, benefits and bonus
This is a really exciting time to join a growing team as part of the high profile client cross sell program. Our business has grown rapidly and now with nine companies serving 50,000 clients, the size of the cross-sell opportunity is extraordinary. Not only do we offer clients complimentary product that they need, want and value, we do it from an industry-leading client retention and colleague engagement base.
We are Citation. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of a key number of group cross sell programs. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Operations and working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within your assigned cross sell functions.
You won’t simply roll out KPIs (and other performance metrics) and then demand compliance with defined processes or scorecards. You must think very deeply and comprehensively about the business opportunity and bring together all resources and stakeholders to make them real in execution. Working with Sales, Finance, IT and Marketing to name a few, you will ensure that cross sell effectiveness is delivered in the Group and the value it derives is understood by all. In this role you will play a key part in growing the current cross sell strategy for your channels.
The Commercial Manager will work with key stakeholders across the group to coordinate and inform sales teams that are essential to our cross sell productivity. These include planning, reporting, sales process optimisation, sales training, sales program implementation, operational implementation and usage of key sales technologies such as CRM
• Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for key cross sell channels.
• Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales and performance objectives.
• Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales-impacting initiatives.
• Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the cross sell sales.
• Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales effectiveness.
• Achievement of strategic objectives defined by group and company management teams.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Develop valuable networks and gain credibility through clear communication, delivered value and understanding of sales execution.
• Provide deep insight and execution agility. Deep insight is the ability to see the big picture, develop models, learn from experience, and see the system impact on the business ecosystem and how it relates to marketplace and customers.
• Improve efficiencies and generate revenue growth that is undeniably improved due to sales operations activity.
• Build long term effective relationships with key stakeholders across the group.
• Become an integral part in the successful growth of the Commercial Team and support the on-going development and scalability of the group cross-sell program.
• Have previous experience in a sales and/or operational role and have worked alongside sales teams.
• Coordinate’s planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the group to achieve sales and performance for key cross sell channels.
• Informs campaign strategies and customer segments to target for next product sales.
• Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the cross-sell planning and delivery efforts.
• Coordinate’s sales reporting, planning and pipeline forecasting to ensure objectives are achieved.
• Assists sales management in understanding successes and challenges on key channels, identifying process bottlenecks and inconsistencies and work with stakeholders to implement improvements.
• Works to ensure all short term and long term cross sell sales objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
• Identifies new opportunities to continually grow and overachieve on key cross sell channels across the group.
• Works with sales and service management teams to ensure cross sell channels have an effective end to end sales and delivery implementation process, which works with maximum effectiveness, in as little time as possible.
• Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales. Recommends revisions to existing reporting suites and assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
• Works to ensure all sales organisation objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management teams to inspect cross sell sales processes, prioritising opportunities for improvement.
• Works closely with IT to support implementation enabling technologies, including CRM, to ensure on-going development of cross sell channels across the group.
• Supports coordination and implementation of strategic cross sell projects within the Commercial Team to achieve forecasted growth and scalability.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Essential Experience – Excellent verbal and written communication skills with equally good listening and excellence in execution skills. Proven sales and sales management experience ideally in group or multi product setting. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a track record of performing in a previous sales operations role.
• Personal Attributes –
• Highly motivated with a mature and positive attitude, a passion for service and strong business and financial acumen.
• Track record of building effective relationships with service/support teams.
• A desire to be part of a success story where you grow as we grow
• Our culture is important to us, we will nurture and protect it above all else. To be a success in our business you will embody and demonstrate our values in all that you do:
• Does the right thing
• Takes ownership and delivers
• Fresh thinking
• The human touch
Please click ‘Apply’ to continue your application.