COVID-19 Interviewers Field-Based – ScotCen Social Research
Vacancies Shetland Islands (must reside on the Islands)
Important: Deadline for applications to be received is 23 March 2021
We are looking to recruit fieldworkers to gather data for this critical piece of research to measure the extent of the COVID-19 pandemic. You will make appointments by telephone to arrange interviews with households who have volunteered to help. You will then deliver and advise household members on how to self-administer swab tests which will be used to establish infection levels across Scotland. All fieldwork is compatible with social distancing guidelines and there is no direct contact with the participating households. We offer full training, a competitive rate of pay and travel expenses. Although this role is currently limited to the COVID-19 study, there may be further opportunities to work on our many other research projects in the future.
What we offer:
• High quality initial training with ongoing support
• Flexible working days
• £120 per day flat fee
• Workplace pension, Statutory Sick Pay and associated benefits
• £14.52 per day added to your fees in lieu of holiday
• Personal mileage allowance 32p per mile for first 10,000 miles (then 25p per mile)
• The Opportunity to work on a range of social research projects in the future
What you need:
• Able to work a minimum of 6 hours per day (workdays will be typically between 5 – 9 hours) for a minimum of 3 days per week. Some of this time will include work during evenings and weekends.
• Use of a car is essential – personal business insurance cover (class 1) is required
• Documents to verify your identity and to show you’re eligible to work in the UK
• Comfortable with using a smartphone app to record data
• Self-motivated, organised and dedicated to completing the work on time.
• A friendly and outgoing attitude as the role is community based
We’re here because social research has the power to make life better.
As Scotland’s leading centre for independent social research, we have over 50 years’ experience of listening to the public and making sure their voice is heard.
The research we carry out helps the Scottish government and charities make the right decisions about the big issues and we’re passionate about ensuring its widest possible impact on the world around us.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.
To apply for this job please visit www.scotcen.org.uk.