2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions
Customer Information Communications Officer
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £26,521-£31,021 per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 14th November 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
With billions of pounds worth of investment being put into the West Midlands transport system, and with projects being delivered across the region from key partners such as High Speed Two, National Highways, local authorities, Network Rail and Transport for West Midlands, keeping residents and businesses moving has never been more important.
Due to an internal secondment, we are looking for a Customer Information Communications Officer to join the team on a fixed term basis until August 2022 (this can also be taken as a secondment to employees of the WMCA).
The role involves monitoring various sources of information to identify and report on unplanned travel network disruption events and communicate travel updates and alternative arrangements to customers using the network. You will be expected to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues in Operations, Communications, Marketing, Customer Services and Network Resilience, as well as with external partners from across the West Midlands, including National Highways, Network Rail, local authorities, and West Midlands Rail, West Midlands Metro and bus operators.
You’ll use a range of digital channels, supporting the communication efforts of multiple internal teams and providing communication support during live travel incidents. The role will ensure that the traveling public of the West Midlands has access to accurate, timely, consistent travel information.
What will you be doing?
• Clearly communicate travel information via a range of digital channels
• Support and contribute to communications and marketing campaigns for major events and planned disruption to the transport network
• Monitor multiple digital sources of transport and travel information from a range of partners to contribute to the provision of network intelligence
• Ensure the Network West Midlands website contains up-to-date travel information including planned and unplanned disruption across multiple transport modes
• Communicate clear, accurate, up to date travel advice to assist journey planning during times of disruption and major incidents affecting the transport network
• Respond to inbound social media enquiries relating to travel information and disruption in a timely manner ensuring tone of voice is appropriate to the channel(s) used in accordance with set guidance for customer engagement
• Assist in the development and improvement of operational processes and procedures that govern the use of digital communications in event-based and incident travel communications
Essential skills and experience needed
• Experience of working in a similar environment – control centre, transport network operation – where you have had to monitor multiple sources of information and formulate action plans
• Professional writing skills with experience of communicating with external audiences in writing
• Knowledge of social media platforms, especially Twitter and Facebook
• Experience of producing written content for social media channels
• Experience of digital engagement via social media – experience of liaising with the public via Twitter and Facebook
• Ability to interpret and analyse large amounts of social media content quickly
• Able to start immediately following a selection process
The role involves working flexibly within a roster system, starting as early as 0600 and finishing as late as 2100, including Saturday working and some Bank Holidays. There may be a requirement to work outside normal hours on occasions to meet work deadlines, attend meetings etc.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward-thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be, and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.