2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Data Protection Manager
Location: United Kingdom
Hours of Work: Full Time (Hybrid Working)
We are Citation Group – One of the UK’s biggest providers of support services to the SME marketplace, some of our services include Health and Safety, HR, Employment Law, Fire and Electrical, compliance Services, DBS, e-learning, and ISO standards. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, and we have not and never will grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused on actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join our data protection team at a critical part of our journey. Across our group companies, we have over 65,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 14 businesses in the UK and Australia over the last 3 years we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
In this key role, you will work with key stakeholders and teams right across the group. It is a wide and varied role with lots of opportunity and support. With continual double-digit growth year on year, our business thrives on people with vision, determination, agility, focus and brilliant people skills. This is a fantastic opportunity to deliver and grow with a rapidly expanding business. If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
This position will be critical in the continued compliance and improvement with the Groups obligations under UK data protection legislation. The candidate will be working in the data protection team, responsible for ensuring Citation Groups’ continued compliance with applicable data protection laws.
If you want a role where you can make a real positive business impact and work for a company full of great colleagues, then this could be the role for you. Cultural fit is critical as is technical knowledge and experience. Finding the balance between legal understanding, practical application, influencing and commercial awareness is tricky but essential. We’re looking for someone who can not only help us ensure compliance but is savvy enough to drive through the business benefits of this role.
If you are looking for a role where you can come in and monitor/manage processes, this role won’t be for you. We are a fast-moving business with big ambitions.
• Day-to-day data protection activities across Group companies
• Delivery of objectives in accordance with the data protection strategy
• Fulfil task as defined by Article 39 UKGDPR
• Support Group companies in achieving and maintaining compliance with data protection laws
• Provide operational information and guidance on the processing of personal data
• Implementation of Group data protection and information governance polices
• Complete all Subject Access Requests (SAR) and the exercising of other rights available to individuals
• Provide advice, support and MI to the Operations Boards and Managing Directors on any Data Protection related tasks/issues/projects and progress.
• Work with the business and lead on DPIA’s
• Management and evaluation of third-party relationships with suppliers and processors ensuring appropriate due diligence has been carried out, correct decisions made and contracts in place
• Undertake audits, impact assessments and health checks
• Be the point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc.)
• Work across the Group on risk management activities
• Proactively identifies areas for improvement, shares lessons learnt with colleagues and encourages others to do the same
• Manage data breaches
• Upkeep of data maps and record of processing activity
• Contribute to the overall data protection strategy
• Maintain agreed company-specific documentation
• Provide training and support to colleagues
• Work with the Group and newly acquired businesses on assessment, remediation and integration
• Keep up to date with applicable legislation
What do you get from us?
Working for Citation you will receive 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, corporate gym membership discounts, private healthcare, your birthday off work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!). So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.
Don’t delay in applying!