2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Data Scientist
Reporting To: Head of Analytical Solutions
Location: Wilmslow/Remote – Flexible Working Full-Time
Hours of Work: 09:00 – 17:30 or in line with business needs
Salary: Dependent on Experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and passionate data professional who wants to be the driving force of advanced analytics and machine learning within the data & analytics department.
Use ML and statistical methods to help business units across the group optimise and automate operational teams. This might be in the form of propensity to churn, likelihood to convert, cross-sell propensity, attribution, process optimisation, forecasting or other.
Navigate the well-structured modern data warehouse to identify new business opportunities using unsupervised ML algorithms. Create segmentations and customer audiences based on behavioural patterns within the data.
• Owning projects from inception to final delivery
• Digging into the data in creative ways, using your quantitative abilities to drive actionable insight
• Creating analytical models to answer business questions
• Ensure analytical solutions are developed which can scale across business units
• Collaborating with key stakeholders to help define analytical projects which solve business problems
• Communicating with subject matter experts across the business including business units, sales, product, commercial, finance, marketing, IT, data engineering and several others to contextualise insights
• Working with data engineering and IT to ensure timely implementation of analytical models
• Demonstrate the business benefits from analytical insights with clear business cases
• Creating customer segments/audiences to feed into the CRM & support marketing campaigns
• Develop analytical models to prioritise and optimise the sales funnel
• Inform customer success teams on key levers to reduce churn
• Work with the product team to find creative ways to use data within our product offering
• Processing text data to extract sentiment/meaning or improve our chatbot
We are looking for someone who can roll their sleeves up and ‘dig in’. The person will be well supported with data engineers and data leadership:
• 3+ years of experience working in an analytical role
• Adept at understanding the needs of stakeholders and translating them into analytical requirements
• Excellent Data Visualisers and Storytellers
• Worked with cloud-based technologies like AWS, Azure or GCP
• Experience with Python, R, SAS or other analytical scripting languages
• Knowledge of ML libraries such as Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch
• History of using machine learning to solve business problems
• Understanding of A/B testing methods and statistical significance testing
• Enthusiasm and flexibility to learn new programming languages and tools
• Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
• Excited to do things the right way from the ground up
• Adaptable and positive, can-do attitude.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of data manipulation using SQL
• Ideally has experience with the tech stack (Tableau, Databrick, Snowflake )
• Degree or Masters in a numerate subject such as statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering or similar
• Understanding of MLOps and meta data stores
• Experience with Jira/Confluence
We are Citation. We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don’t do office politics or “that’s not my job”. We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SME’s across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleague’s and client’s experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.