2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Dementia Care Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday with overtime and weekends
Are you ready to take your career in care to the next level? Why not join Kirklees’ premier, No.1 ranked care home – Hopton Cottage Care Home at Mirfield.
We are looking for someone who’s been a successful registered manager in a care home for older people. However, we do not require you to be Registered Manager here.
We are looking for someone who has the skills and experience to run a 25 bed dementia care home.
We are not offering to train someone to become a manager. We want someone with a proven track record.
We want someone who knows high standards and who can deliver them through a team of dedicated carers.
This is a brilliant job for an experienced dementia care manager who understands the current standards and wants the resources to be able to deliver that.
We are not like most care homes. We are the best. If you have the drive amd the knowledge but have been held back by previous providers, this is you chance to join an elite care organisation and really show what you’re capable of.
Please send me – Joseph Martin- Managing Director a covering letter explaining why you are the candidate for us. I read every one.
We are already an outstanding home and we are looking for someone to help us grow further.
We are expanding so there will be significant further opportunities for the right candidate to progress their career.
Previous candidates need not apply.
Further details below:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Neighbourhood Care Manager to join a great team of people providing highest quality, person centred care to 23 older people, in a beautiful care home. Our caring and dedicated staff work both individually and as part of a skilled team of professionals to provide excellent service to our residents and their families. We are looking for a strong and experienced manager to ensure the team are supported and enabled to deliver the best service possible.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a team of 20 carers, and will be dedicated to contributing towards the continuous high quality of care given to 23 dementia residents with mild-moderate dementia.
Main responsibilities include:
To work in close partnership with the Registered Manager and other Neighbourhood Managers by providing day to day leadership to the designated team whilst ensuring the highest standards of service delivery.
• To ensure accurate and effective process is followed in order to maintain all records (including care plans, medication documentation) as required by the service.
• To lead and promote the best care and clinical practice.
• To implement, promote and maintain care and support for each resident.
• To ensure effective and proactive communication between members of the team, residents and families.
• To ensure relevant legislation and regulation is adhered to at all times.
• To support the Registered Manager with the external audit process to ensure the service is compliant with regards to all legal, statutory, regulatory and organisational requirements.
• To ensure that the staff team are afforded opportunities to learn and develop, motivating through example and leadership.
• To be fully involved in recruitment, selection, induction and retention of staff.
• To ensure disciplinary and grievance and performance related matters are handled sensitively, promptly and that procedures are followed at all times.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Be an experienced people manager (previous people management experience is required)
• Have a relevant management qualification (L4 or L5)
• Additional qualification in specialist area of dementia
• A caring nature and an intuitive sensitivity to the needs of others
• Ability to self-motivate, work on your own initiative as well as being a team player
• Effective communication skills both written and orally
• Emotional maturity and ability to speak to people in a pleasant but effective way.
**Benefits of working with us: **
• Attractive Salary & Benefits Package
• Enhanced Disclosure (DBS) cost covered
• A development culture fostering ongoing learning and progression opportunities
• Join a high quality and growing operator
• Free meals on duty for long shifts
• Employee of the month and other bonus schemes
• A brilliant well supported, properly resourced home- enabling you to succeed.
Click Apply Now to continue your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!