2mejsobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Digital Communications Executive
Full time permanent
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £35,945 – £40,461 per annum + excellent benefits per annum + exclusive benefits
Closes: 2021-06-13 T11:59:00
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
As Digital Communications Executive, you will be responsible for managing the strategic direction and day-to-day management of a wide range of digital tools and channels. This role sits at the very heart of everything that we do and your role will be to initiate, plan, develop and implement a wide range of innovative and engaging digital communications strategies that will raise awareness of the work of the West Midlands Combined Authority and which support the business priorities of the WMCA and Mayor of the West Midlands; whilst establishing WMCA as a recognised and trusted brand for the citizens of the West Midlands.
More specific responsibilities will include:
• Managing the day-to-day website and social media presence including monitoring, engaging and social listening
• Managing a wide range of digital content including video, articles, photography, social media posts, and infographics in conjunction with internal resource and agencies
• Working closely with the Media and PR teams to ensure that stories are communicated through relevant digital channels in an innovative and timely manner
• Conducting online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions including the development and expansion of community and/or influencer outreach efforts
• Developing a range of best practice digital communication processes and procedures, and act as the digital gatekeeper for the WMCA brands, ensuring that staff have the relevant tools and templates
• Developing partnerships with local authorities and other key stakeholders to manage the joint delivery of effective and timely stakeholder communications
• Providing digital advice, creative ideas, media planning, and project management as required for the marketing team and other identified areas within West Midlands Combined Authority to ensure a joined-upend to end customer journey
• Producing multimedia schedules, integrating the website, email, SEM, PPC, SEO, digital adverts, and social media for WMCA-led promotional campaigns
• Commission market research and undertake analysis of market segment data to inform new communications campaigns
• Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
Educated to degree level or equivalent in Digital Marketing, and preferably with a social media qualification, you’ll have a track record of planning and executing social media campaigns and have experience of updating websites, blogs, and social media channels. Whilst experience of dealing with the public and with statutory organisations isn’t essential, it would be extremely beneficial.
We’re looking for someone with experience of using computer-based information systems and who has strong interest in the future of digital products. Someone with excellent organisational and communications skills and someone with good creative thinking and visual flair.
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region, and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
As an employer, we fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us. We are committed to providing a positive, healthy, and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List, and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our employees feel they can make a difference and are excited by the growth and the potential to shape the future. As the WMCA is undergoing a period of significant change, our employees are engaging with what is going on and we are encouraging a culture where people feel they can contribute towards improvements.
We’re ambitious, forward-thinking, and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality, and curiosity from those who work with us. We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
Throughout lockdown, most of us have been working remotely and as we begin to look forward to leading a more normal life, we’re planning a new approach to the way we use our office space. We want to develop a flexible approach to the workplace which retains some of the benefits of working from home and this hybrid approach will mean most of us working from home some of the time, blending the best of home and office working.
We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community. The following groups are currently underrepresented: young people, Black, Asian, and ethnic minority groups, and women at senior levels.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants who meet the essential job role criteria. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. Wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.
To apply for this job please visit chp.wmjobs.co.uk.