2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Director of H&S
We are Citation – One of the UKs biggest providers of Health and Safety, HR, Employment Law, Fire and Electrical Compliance Services to businesses. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we never have and never will grow our business by cost cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join us in this newly created role. Across our group companies we have over 45,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 10 businesses over the last 3 years which offer products and services that our clients need and want; we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
Moving jobs is a risk – is that what you’re thinking? We’ve just entered our 3rd wave of private equity ownership alongside KKR and Hg Capital and don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This also means as the company grows over the next 3 to 5 years, you’ve got the opportunity to do so too! If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
In this key role, you will work with key stakeholders and teams right across the business. It is a wide and varied role with lots of opportunity and support. With continual double-digit growth year on year, our business thrives on people with vision, determination, agility, focus and brilliant people skills.
What will you be doing?
This position will engage with a wide variety of key stakeholders steering standards and ensuring integration across regional teams and group businesses in line with company objectives.
• We are looking for a business leader who is an expert in health and safety. You will be both highly technical and highly credible with the ability to convey strategies and solutions to all stakeholders which are compelling and clearly understood.
• You will be part of a senior team that has your back. Together we will work through challenges and opportunities across our business devising efficient and effective solutions that deliver value. You will be comfortable juggling lots of plates and working interchangeably at a strategic, tactical and operational level.
• In our PE backed business, you will need to be results and value focused, delivering and adapting the H&S strategy to ensure every aspect adds value to our business and your team behave in line with our brand values (professionals with personalities, we keep it simple and make it easy for our customers, we take the strain and deliver real value add so our customers can get on with what they do best – running their business).
• The role will be responsible for all office, operational and field-based H&S professionals.
• The role is expected to play a prominent part in defining and delivering a progressive agenda of performance improvement and culture change, especially as the business grows even more.
• The role will oversee subject matter experts and resources in the Health and Safety department and will need to foster excellent relationships between other operational parts of the business.
Who are we looking for?
• You will have a strong grasp of recognised best practice, risk management techniques and management principles, supported by a thorough appreciation of health and safety.
• Any successful candidates will need proven experience in a similar senior H&S role, ideally gained in a multi-site environment.
• Someone who can provide clear leadership, the possession of well-developed skills in stakeholder engagement, and the confidence to present and influence at senior leadership/executive level
• You will need to demonstrate a strong track record of delivering sustainable safety performance improvement gained through behavioural change.
• Understands the structures, decision making and thought processes of different clients and can therefore offer advice not only on existing products but also on structuring client-specific solutions
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise
• Excellent commercial acumen with a passion for the client, as well as a relentless drive to deliver great commercial results
• Excellent communicator who can sell and help deliver the strategy; able to be a true ambassador for the business
• Open, inclusive style with a bias for action and a “cool head” in a crisis
• Strong team orientation, finding it easy to establish rapport and build lasting relationships
• Active engagement with the broader business, at all levels, rather than working in isolation
• Ability to build trust and momentum with the team and colleagues, displaying a shared sense of purpose
What’s in it for you?
You will report directly into the Service Director, who has years of experience in the industry and a hands-on management style conducive to developing talent. It’s not very often you will get the opportunity to join a company who have already tripled in size once and are looking to do it again. You’ll get to be part of shaping something special where you can look back and say, “look what we achieved”.
Other fantastic perks include… 33 days holiday (inc bank holidays), birthday off work, opportunity to buy 10 days’ holiday, extra weeks holiday for newlyweds, vouchers for expectant parents, private healthcare, and much much more.
Please click ‘Apply’ to continue your application.