Distribution Channel Marketing Manager
Location: Southampton, with one to two days a week spent travelling
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours: Full time, permanent
This company is a world leader in intelligent electric heating and renewable energy solutions, as well as holding significant global market positions in domestic appliances, cooling and ventilation.
They are looking for a Distribution Channel Marketing Manager to successfully manage the execution of the marketing plan in the distribution channel in the UK.
The role will involve developing a long-term marketing execution strategy built around the needs of their customers and known requirements of the stakeholders.
It will also involve being the conduit between the marketing team and the Distribution channel to achieve excellent marketplace execution of marketing strategies and tactics and turn this into a competitive advantage.
Skills & Experience required:
• Degree or equivalent, or similar marketing qualification.
• Experience in managing budgets and delivering activity plans successfully.
• Comprehensive understanding of all elements of the marketing mix and key marketing
communications delivery tactics, both online and offline.
• Demonstrate an active and proactive approach in identifying opportunities which will help in
achieving the Channel Objectives.
• A strong and clear communicator with the ability to liaise with and present to a number of different departments and stakeholders in the business – Sales, Product & brand teams, Research & Development, Senior Management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – content writing and agency coordination are core skills in this role.
• A self-starter and has the initiative and ability to liaise with others in the business to find solutions, creating and executing valuable projects that you identify.
• An ability to understand and present work in traditional marketing terminologies and layouts, able to take the ‘textbook’ marketing approach and apply it in the real world.
• Technical capability – able to be trained on and talk confidently about technology solutions with
customers and other stakeholders.
• Positive can-do attitude.
• Curious and always looking for ways to improve.
• Able to take ownership of tasks.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity.
• The ability to plan ahead, set goals and organise effectively to achieve objectives.
• Customer focused and driven to exceed excellence.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Team player who encourages positive communication and respect.
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of the electrical wholesale channel or similar distribution
routes to market involving resellers, installers, stockists etc.
• Can explain how transactions take place in a B2B trading environment, how the market can be
segmented, and the needs/responsibilities of the different customers (listed above) within it.
• Capability of understanding and linking macroenvironmental factors to their likely effect on markets, enabling this to be considered in the Channel Planning process.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please contact Wayne on 01329 565036, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘Apply’ now.