2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Fire Safety Auditor (Home Working)
Salary: up to £39,000
Nationwide applications accepted
Please note a full, UK driving licence is required for this role
We are Citation Fire and Electrical, part of the Citation Group and we are far from your average compliance company. The Citation Group is made up of 8 businesses, who proudly deliver services that our 43,000 clients need, want and value. Our mission is to be the company that colleagues, and clients want to work for and with. It’s a really exciting time to join our business and come grow with us.
Your primary responsibility will be to undertake technical auditing of Fire Risk Assessment Reports that have been completed and submitted by field-based assessors.
Typically, fire risk assessments vary in complexity and will range between small shop and office type businesses, up to and including large multiuse, high rise buildings that may include engineered solutions to achieve compliance with current regulation.
As a business we understand that in order to remain at the top of your game for auditing, you need to keep up to date with what’s going on in the world of assessing – so we have decided to offer the option of a “hybrid” role so you have the capability to continue to assessing to those who are interested.
Areas of Responsibility & Duties
• Auditing reports to ensure technical compliance with the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order requirements.
• Provide specialist advice to field-based assessors and operations team members as required.
• Ensure adherence with the quality assurance framework and consistency of reporting.
• Achieve expected key performance indicators to meet client expectations.
• Manage the volume of audit work and distribute (coordinate) projects with other audit team members.
• Undertake Fire Risk Assessment activities on a wide variety of premises types, examples include:
o Purpose build flats
o Care homes
o Commercial and industrial
o Health care premises
• Undertake peer review/validation of others work.
• Provide advice to clients in connection with applications for Building Regulations Approval on Fire Related matters.
• Be proactive in the area of coaching and mentoring of junior team members to ensure continuous improvements in service delivery are maintained.
• Level 4, level 5 or degree qualified in a fire safety or fire engineering discipline. I.e. Level 4 Diploma in Fire Safety.
• Evidence of several years’ experience undertaking practical fire risk assessment activities, including the preparation of reports.
• Local Fire Authority – technical fire safety or enforcement experience will be favourable.
• ISO or SP205 auditing exposure to assist with the quality assurance systems for the company.
• Professional membership of a recognised Fire Safety related body; ideally on a Fire Risk Assessors Certification Scheme. I.e. Institute of Fire Engineers, FRACS, etc.
It is essential that you have completed a series of nationally recognised training courses and/or be listed on the national recognised register of fire risk assessors and have the desire to become 3rd party certificated under a UKAS accredited fire risk assessor competency scheme.
Please click ‘Apply’ to continue your application.