2mesjobs 2M employment Solutions Ltd
Guest Relations/Duty Manager – Bromley Court Hotel
Annual Salary of up to £29,000 p.a, Company Pension + Gratuities
Bromley Court Hotel has a magnificent 200-year history and has been privately owned by the same family since 1931. Offering comfortable surroundings with 114 modern bedrooms, extensive Conference and Banqueting facilities, up to 90 Weddings per year and an established Restaurant delivering superb food. We pride ourselves with our personal service to all our guests whether they are holidaymakers, business travellers or visiting us for a special occasion.
We are currently looking for an experienced Guest Relations/Duty Manager, reporting directly to the Hotel Manager. You will work predominantly from Wednesday to Sunday, either early or late shift dependant on the business needs. You will be multi-tasked with responsibility for assisting all areas, especially responding to guests needs. A full working knowledge of the Guestline system would be an advantage. A great personality is key for this role with a warmth and ability to build rapport quickly with staff and guests.
A Guest Relations Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Meet, greet and direct Guests who enter the lobby area
• Serve as the main point of contact for Guests and ensure hotel departments are fully briefed on their requirements
• Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Serve as a point of contact for any long-stay Guests ensuring they feel comfortable and can ask for advice or information from Guest Relations
• Manage, record and resolve promptly Guest or customer complaints
• Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained for Reception and Food & Beverage
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate
• Show creativity with ideas regarding lobby/reception decoration at suitable seasonal time periods to enhance the overall image and warmth of this area for the Guest
• Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
• Attend all Reception, weekly Operations and HOD Meetings
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
• Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front-of-house equipment and property management systems
• Assist with other departments whenever required.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours and skills to promote the “customer service” ethic to our guests and indeed to lead by example to our staff.
• Previous managerial experience in a customer service function
• An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Accountable, understanding, resilient and willing to help others
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
• Ability to work under pressure
To apply for this role please click ‘Apply’