2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Salary: £45k per annum
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Head Chef at the Bromley Court Hotel. The Hotel boasts 117 well-appointed bedrooms, 9 Conference and Banqueting rooms that can service 10 to 180 guests, The Garden Restaurant, two public bars, and beautiful landscaped gardens. Renowned locally as the premier Wedding venue in the area, Bromley Court Hotel enjoys a strong local following for Lunch, Sunday Lunch, Afternoon Tea, and Dinner as well as being a busy function and events business.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food-related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are consistently achieved. A full Audit process is in place.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Reviews and adjust systems and procedures in the kitchen to ensure their effectiveness and meet legislation.
• Develops, designs, costs, and creates new menus and recipes based on standards or artistic contributions.
• Demonstrates knowledge of high-quality food products, presentations, and flavour.
• Ensures compliance with all food handling, hygiene, and sanitation standards.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable Health & Safety/Food Safety laws, regulations, and legislation.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards, and procedures.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
• Develop and implement environmentally friendly processes and procedures for food preparation, energy use, and waste management.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Leading Culinary Team
• Supervises and coordinates activities of chefs engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees, in line with budgeted targets.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Comprehends budgeted targets for sales and G.P. delivery. Management of Payroll costs and departmental associated costs versus sales levels.
• Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers, on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Helps employees receive ongoing training to understand guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
• Complete the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in training the Food Service staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods, and unique tastes.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
An excellent salary and benefits are on offer for the successful candidate.
Please click ‘Apply’ to forward a copy of your CV.