2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Head of Compliance, Assurance & Safeguarding – Adult Services
Base Location: Home – based with extensive travel nationally including time at HQ- Potters bar
About The Role:
This role will lead the compliance and assurance across the Group wide adult portfolio together with providing expert support to adult safeguarding responsibilities. The post, established to provide professional regulatory leadership to the CareTech PLC Group will manage the compliance and regulation function for adult services including the specialist portfolio nationally.
Reporting to the CareTech Group Compliance and Regulation Director and working with a team of compliance & regulation managers, you will lead the compliance and assurance programme on behalf of the Executive. Working closely with colleagues in operations, a key priority will be to establish and maintain strong relationships with all relevant external regulators and to provide expert advice and assistance in all care matters in adult services.
The post holder will have a key role in supporting the clinical & care governance structure in CareTech and play a key role in supporting an effective health & safety culture across the Group.
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
– Salary: IRO £75k PA (negotiable dependent on experience)
– Company Car or Car Allowance
– permanent 39 hr a week contract – Monday to Friday
– 33 days’ annual leave + Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
– Career progression path within the company
– Employee Assistance Helpline
– Private Health Care
– DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
– SAYE Scheme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– To lead the implementing and managing of quality assurance, inspection and audit practices to provide assurance of the on-going quality and safety of all CareTech adult services.
– To be an expert voice on innovative, best practice in adult social care.
– To be an authoritative and credible subject matter expert supporting all SGA responsibilities.
– Supporting delivery of statutory responsibilities under H&S legislation
– Support the effective delivery of Group responsibilities in public and employer liability insurance in conjunction with legal services colleagues.
– Working with legal colleagues on governance, risk and regulation matters across the group.
– To establish strong relationships with all regulators and enhance the quality of all communications with regulatory bodies including; responding to inspection findings, supporting registration activity, supporting or undertaking safeguarding investigations when appropriate.
– To work closely with operational teams and support senior managers and the Executive to drive continual quality improvement within the Company and to provide ongoing support and monitoring to ensure compliance and improvement against regulation and good practice guidance
– To develop and implement national and local strategies and operational plans, for increasing and enhancing a performance culture across adult services that delivers robust evidence based best practice
– To provide the Compliance & Regulation Director with regular service reports on progress with improving standards and compliance, learning from practice, safeguarding concerns and to analyse quality assurance patterns and trends across all services
– To urgently advise the Compliance & Regulation Director of any emergency safeguarding issues and support the Managing Director in the investigation and embedding all learning from all adult safeguarding incidents.
– To promote the corporate quality assurance agenda and oversee assessments of internal compliance ensuring that Operational Managers are advised of emerging concerns within services.
– To communicate CareTech Community Services’ PLC vision and values clearly in all aspects of the role including with national stakeholders, commissioners and policy makers
– Attendance as required by the Director Compliance & Regulation, at national forums/events in order to promote learning and adoption of best practice service and quality models across adult services
– To develop a business culture based on quality that will deliver successful commercial outcomes which position CareTech Community Services as a leading Industry Provider of services for adults with complex needs
The successful candidate will have the following:
– Experience of working in a relevant regulatory or regulated organisation – essential
– Previous experience of working in the same or a similar role in either a provider environment of similar size and complexity – essential
– An understanding of regulation, quality and contemporary adult services provision – essential
– An up to date knowledge and expertise in adult Safeguarding and relevant legislation – essential
– A relevant professional qualification for example nursing or HCPC registration highly desirable.
– Expertise or qualifications in audit, inspection or investigation practice would be desirable
– Demonstrable experience of managing and leading a complex programme of work – essential
– Experience of managing a team and setting priorities- highly desirable
– Candidates must be prepared to travel extensively, often at short notice to services nationwide
– A relevant professional qualification such as social work, OT, Nursing would be highly desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply!