2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Reporting to: Information Security Manager
Location: Wilmslow/Remote (TBA)
Hours of work: 09:00 – 17:30 or in line with business needs
As an experienced Info Security Engineer, you will ensure the confidentiality and integrity of information stored on systems by engineering, implementing, verifying, monitoring, and reporting on security controls.
We need someone who is a doer and who is looking to get involved. We do not need a list of things we ‘should’ be doing; we need you to be the driving force behind making it go away.
You will need to be well-planned, methodical, and tenacious in outstanding mitigations along with phenomenal attention to detail.
Information Security Engineer
• Deep understanding and hands-on experience of how to apply theoretical knowledge to the practical protection of our cloud environments, endpoints, and databases
• Significant experience in how to correctly secure cloud services
• Experience in managing the security of web applications
• Deploying, verifying, and maintaining the effectiveness of security controls
• Continuous improvement of security estate
• You will be involved in security auditing and compliance across the group
• Design, implement, test, and maintain enterprise-class security systems and services to mitigate current and emerging threats while ensuring operational resilience and alignment to recognised frameworks, regulatory requirements and the business and technology strategies
• Support SOC in tunning SIEM and remediation of vulnerabilities
• Demonstratable first-hand experience in achieving organisational adherence to InfoSec best practices
• Defining configuration policies and active tuning of DLP, cloud environments, firewalls, AD, and similar security technologies/services
Required Skills and Experience
• Information Security qualification such as CISSP or equivalent
• Experience of Cloud Security principles and management
• Hands-on experience securing Office 365, Azure, and AWS
• Hands-on experience configuring endpoint protection on both physical and virtual devices including patching and remediation
• Knowledge and experience of securing network devices, configuring firewall rules, content filtering and intrusion detection
• Experience with designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
• Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
• Knowledge of frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, CIS, MITRE and OWASP
• Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
• The ability to perform at pace and often under pressure
We are Citation. We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don’t do office politics or “that’s not my job”. We listen, support and take ownership.
We have been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SMEs across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleague’s and client’s experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for Citation you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.
Don’t delay in applying!