2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Land and Property Asset Surveyor
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £35,945-£40,461 per annum + exclusive benefits
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B91 3SD. Hybrid working conditions are currently in place which means working remotely and coming to the office when required.
Closes: 30th January 2021
Are you a property/land surveyor looking for a new challenge? Interested in a role where you’ll be the subject matter expert in land and property management? Have the experience and looking to gain a professional qualification?
You already have the experience in managing land and valuation matters and will be given full financial support to gain your professional qualification from RICS.
This is an interesting and varied role, where you will be the key person in ensuring our land and assets are managed properly. All our sites are based in the West Midlands and the management of these will be done remotely with very minimal travel.
You’ll be the subject matter expert for land and valuation matters but will have a team of qualified peers to collaborate with, gain support and learn from.
You can work flexible hours, which include working part-time or in other flexible ways that work for you and the WMCA.
What will you be doing?
• Advise on strategy for land and property to support Asset Management objectives
• Commission regular site visits, inspections and appropriate maintenance works for non-operational assets to ensure that any risks are mitigated, including adverse possession claims
• Negotiate optimal suitable terms in respect of leases, licenses, sales, acquisitions, easements, options, break clauses and other land and property related matters in relation to land and property
• Gather accurate asset information about WMCA’s land and property portfolio, and ensure that good records are kept
• Undertake and ensure all residential lettings are completed effectively and efficiently
• Minimise the impact of environmental performance on any tenancies, providing support and advice to improve ratings to mitigate any risk
West Midlands Combined Authority’s Housing & Land Team is developing the UK’s most successful, innovative and delivery focused housing and regeneration programme, combining the very best of the public and private sectors to drive inclusive growth in all parts of the region. The team is at the forefront of implementing WMCA’s inclusive growth mission, and demonstrating the links between housing, skills, transport, health and economic growth; a whole team approach that combines working with local councils, LEPs, Whitehall and the private sector sits front and centre of our way of working.
Our overall aim and ambition: “to enable the delivery of 215,000 new homes by 2031, significantly increasing the proportion of affordable housing and driving new quality and design benchmarks”.
You’ll have experience in dealing with land and valuation matters in relation to capital projects.
• Demonstrable post qualification experience in dealing with land and valuation matters in relation to capital projects, including knowledge of compulsory purchase and compensation, conveyancing and landlord and tenant procedures and the management of land and property Business rates.
• Practical experience of carrying out site investigations
• Ability to establish good working relationships both internally and externally
• An appropriate professional qualification (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) or willing to work towards
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward-thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be, and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Furthermore, wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance. We are very happy to discuss a flexible working pattern that suits your needs, so please do not let that be a barrier to applying. If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
About your application
The online Application Form you’ll be asked to complete plays a key part in our recruitment and selection process. We use the information you provide to decide whether to invite you for an interview. It is important that you complete the Application Form as fully and accurately as possible. You will be asked to upload a Supporting Statement (not a CV) and this should include specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.