2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
M&A Technology Lead
Salary – Up to £85,000
Location – Wilmslow (Remote options available)
The Role & Purpose
As the Citation Group continue our growth trajectory with even more ambitious plans over the next few years, M&A Technology Lead role will play an integral role in helping us to achieve our ambitious goals as part of our value creation plan (VCP) – which aims to triple the size of the EBIDTA across the Group over the next few years. With so much opportunity for growth, this really is an exciting time to come and shape our Merger and Acquisitions strategy from a technological standpoint
Reporting directly to the Program lead for M&A; the successful candidate will be the central point of technical contact for our M&A Integration projects across the group. This year we’ve acquired 3 businesses in the UK and one overseas. This level of growth is set to continue for the near future and beyond.
The successful candidate will take ownership of supporting the wider M&A team by providing early planning and building a wider integration plan. This will include general costings and a timetable for future integrations
You will be tasked with Bringing knowledge of existing Citation technology systems and setup to the M&A team on a wide-ranging basis (Salesforce, IT ops, Client Facing Software, Infrastructure, cyber, Service 360)
• Serve as a key contact between the IT/Technical teams and the M&A teams at group level
• Capture and document the existing set-up of the acquisition in terms of Technology, Personnel, and software solutions.
• Lead and drive M&A planning and delivery of all technology integration requirements throughout the lifecycle of the integration, from pre-close to business handover, including the scheduling of resource within the technology teams, identification of key risks and challenges and their associated mitigation plans, the development of short and long-term integration planning objectives, strategies, and actions by technology services capability area. The scope of Technology integration will vary depending on the type of acquisition, but activity will cover Infrastructure, including network, telephony and end user compute, Cyber Security, Data, and Application, and solutions design.
• Partner closely with Finance and Tech leaders to drive business case development in support of acquisitions and international integration, and track delivery of expected value.
• Drive to action and resolution and reporting of risk and issues related to M&A and integration scopes of work and develop appropriate mitigation plans and strategies
• Support the development and maintaining Technology integration playbooks and strategies and provide thought leadership ongoing to enable continuous improvement and innovation.
• Develop and maintain integration playbooks and related documentation and templates, working closely with architecture and Integration teams across the group.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• A deep and broad understanding of IT/technology within the spotlight of M&A activity
• Technology specialisms such as: IT strategy, applications, infrastructure, architecture, cyber security
• Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects. Comfortable with ambiguity, fluid situations and a highly pressured environment which characterise acquisitions and mergers
• Working within a team that includes both colleagues and senior stakeholders
• Leading a team of group-level employees along with new employees from newly acquired businesses
• Running and taking leadership of workshops
The Citation Group are incredibly proud of the business We have built, the people who have helped to grow it and our client service. As a Sunday Times Best 100 Company to Work For (2020), with year on year customer service and retention improvements, we believe in inside out customer service.
Resilient, agile and innovative, we are not wedded to our past, but we are protective of our culture. The Citation Group are about empowerment and engagement in a transparent and driven environment. This means that bureaucrats, micromanagers or power-hungry empire builders are not a good cultural fit. The right candidate will be confident enough in their own capabilities that we do not need to prove their worth by trampling on others. Growth, execution and delivery is your driver, working in a team with a shared vision and strong sense of purpose.
25 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays + your birthday off, Remote working options, corporate gym membership discount, private healthcare, your birthday off work, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more!
If you are still reading this, it says our culture is for you. Apply now. Come join us.