2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Product Owner – Food & Hospitality
Location: Primarily office based or hybrid split of home and office, dependent upon location
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business. This is a really exciting opportunity to join us in this role. Across our group companies we have over 60,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 13 businesses over the last 4 years which offer products and services that our clients need and want; we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
We’ve just entered our 3rd wave of private equity ownership alongside KKR and Hg Capital and don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This also means as the company grows over the next 3 to 5 years, you’ve got the opportunity to do so too! If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
We are looking for a PO that is passionate about online client experiences, curious about really understanding the client needs with a flair for technology to innovate. You will push our strategy to exceed client’s expectations and to be market leaders in our fields. You’ll influence the roadmap, supported by your Product Lead, other market experts and of course our in-house UX and UI team. We challenge ourselves to use technology to our demanding customers’ advantage and are continually seeking to standardise our technology approach across the Group.
Whilst this role is based in London with a focus on software integrations with other Group businesses and continuing our domination in the Food & Hospitality space, the successful candidate will be expected to liaise and attend meetings regularly with Product colleagues in our Group offices.
• Understand the hospitality market, ever-changing client expectations, legislative needs and product trends.
• Define the goals for the development projects you are working on in line with priorities set by the Product Lead.
• Liaise with key stakeholders including clients, service leads and development teams to ensure goals and objectives are well understood.
• Work closely with clients including attending face-to-face meetings in order to fully understand their specific requirements.
• Understand and create customer journey and visuals with support from the UI Designer and act as primary contact between the stakeholder and the various teams.
• Agree on an MVP vs subsequent backlog items.
• Define solutions by working with the business and technical architects.
• Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development.
• Juggle scope, budget, and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
• Manage the product and sprint backlogs, prioritising based on the overall strategy and business objectives set by the Product Lead.
• Oversee the development and the sprint cycles, evaluating progress at every stage.
• Conduct Retrospectives, Reviews and Sprint Planning, supported by our in-house SCRUM master.
• Be the Subject Matter Expert for your product within the business.
• Ensure the product is fit for purpose and has the ability to run 24/7, at scale.
• Accountable for reporting on product KPI’s.
• Ability to write clear briefs, functional documentation and communicate with development teams.
• Key stakeholder in the working party and UAT sessions approving feature changes and assuring quality standards through all stages of the product development.
What we are looking for:
• Agile methodologies
• UX/UI principles
• Able to prioritise and take ownership
• Requirements Definition / User Stories
• Stakeholder Management
• Positive attitude – team player
What’s in it for you?
What we offer in return is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing market for a Group that has recently seen massive investment to grow both organically and through M&A. continuing our domination in the Food & Hospitality space.
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we don’t expect you to either! From your birthday off (paid!), space hopper races and incredible Christmas parties, to a 25-day holiday entitlement, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days annual leave, pension contributions, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers and #freedrinkFriday, we do our fair share to keep things fun.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.