2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Retrofit Consortium Manager
Fixed Term Contract
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Salary: £42,919-£48,308 per annum + exclusive benefits
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B91 3SD. Hybrid working conditions are currently in place which means working remotely and coming to the office when required.
Closes: 20th January 2021
Looking for a role where you can use your knowledge of Building Regulations to deliver publicly funded Retrofit projects? Want to be part of a new team and influence how the WMCA achieves net zero carbon by 2041?
As Retrofit Consortium Manager you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with local authorities and housing associations to deliver energy efficiencies for local residents.
As a key member of the Energy Capital led SMART Hub retrofit team, you’ll project manage multiple PAS 2035 projects – from setting targets to budget control, evaluate projects and provide feedback on progress or changes.
You’ll be the subject matter expert on the construction sector, oversee the delivery of the scheme and build key relationships.
This is a fixed-term role for up to 18 months
The Strategy and Economy directorate brings stakeholders in the region together around shared strategic ambitions to ensure that we are always more than the sum of our parts. The Directorate develops and supports the WMCA Corporate Strategy, and develops policy and programmes focussed on economic development, devolution, culture, digital, and other areas where the WMCA has an enabling and influencing role. The Directorate engages with Government, think tanks, universities, and others to make sure our voice is heard, and supports new and emerging policy thinking. The Directorate also hosts the Office for Data Analytics and Energy Capital, a regional public-private partnership.
What will you be doing?
• Be a key member of the Energy Capital led SMART Hub retrofit team, supporting the delivery of retrofit solutions across the region
• Project manage multiple concurrent PAS 2035 projects (as consortium lead or member)
• Monitor, evaluate and administer projects, conducting regular review meetings and events as prescribed in grant award documentation to meet needs of each consortium and funding bodies
• Manage and develop plans to enable team members to understand and achieve key milestones.
• Liaise with partners and consortium members, the supply chain, funding bodies, and residents as necessary, to deliver projects to time, cost and quality
• Have due regard to Health & Safety of all parties throughout the delivery of retrofit projects, including post-installation
• Build strong collaborative relationships with partners, including BEIS and the Midlands Energy Hub and respond to communications from consortium members and stakeholders in a timely manner, that builds confidence in and the reputation of Energy Capital and WMCA
• For more detail about the responsibilities of this position, please read the detailed job description attached.
You’ll be familiar with and be able to apply Building Regulations (CDM 2015, PAS 2030/2035/2038, MCS, and Trustmark in publicly funded retrofit projects).
Being able to solve large scale problems and being confident in building networks is a key part of being able to deliver. You’ll need a thorough understanding of CDM regulations, have good eye for detail, be motivated by getting things done right.
Essential skills and experience
• Be organised, with the ability to prioritise own workload and those of others to meet deadlines
• Qualified Construction Project Manager, or hold equivalent professional status, preferably with experience of the domestic energy efficiency retrofit market, including project delivery
• Good analytical and presentation skills – written and verbal – and fluency in use of MSOffice office suite including Project (or equivalent)
• Good interpersonal skills, able to confidently persuade and inform key senior stakeholders
• Desire to develop and motivate others; leading direct reports and supporting consortium members and local authority colleagues to achieve their full potential
• Ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced team
• Able to make decisions effectively, using either own knowledge or available data
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward-thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be, and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
Furthermore, wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance. We are very happy to discuss a flexible working pattern that suits your needs, so please do not let that be a barrier to applying. If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
About your application
The online Application Form you’ll be asked to complete plays a key part in our recruitment and selection process. We use the information you provide to decide whether to invite you for an interview. It is important that you complete the Application Form as fully and accurately as possible. You will be asked to upload a Supporting Statement (not a CV) and this should include specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
Please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our online application site.
To apply for this job please visit emea3.recruitmentplatform.com.