2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
£54,371-£61,194 per annum + exclusive benefits
Hours of Work: 36.5 per week
Closes: 24th November 2021
Location: 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a team-building the foundations that will enable the Combined Authority to achieve its strategic Aims and Objectives? Do you have what it takes to continue to develop and embed our Strategic Risk Framework?
Our Finance & Business Hub provides essential high-quality, responsive, and agile enabling services to the West Midlands Combined Authority and its directorates in areas such as human resources, procurement, commercial investments, assurance and appraisal, financial control and administration, risk management and financial and business planning and performance reporting.
You will join a cohesive team of forward-thinking, insightful, innovative and high-performing professionals who, through their consultative and business partnering approach, influence, support and coach managers and senior leaders to help them achieve business objectives. By doing so, helping to ensure sound decisions are made.
The Risk Manager will provide WMCA with a risk management service through the operation and maintenance of the Strategic Risk Management Framework setting out a consistent approach to the identification, management, mitigation and reporting of risks.
This will include providing hands-on support and strategic guidance to drive progress and promote best practice ways of working to promote and embed the operation of the Strategic Risk Framework and associated risk management policies and procedures. The role will be responsible for the production and presentation of risk reports to senior management, Boards and Committees and the provision of risk management advice across the organisation.
What will you be doing
• Provide oversight and challenge on all strategic risk management activities undertaken throughout the organisation, ensuring the Strategic Risk Management Framework is adopted by all through a consistent and cohesive approach
• Manage the Strategic Risk Register, liaising with, and providing reporting to, the Strategic Leadership Team, relevant committees, management teams and the ARAC. to provide challenge and escalation with risk owners to ensure all strategic organisational risks are appropriately recorded, managed and mitigated
• Provide analysis of risk registers and challenge risk approaches within subject risk registers as required, including the escalation and reporting of outputs at the appropriate level within the agreed timescales and standards
• Provide guidance and advice to all parts of WMCA on the identification, management and mitigation of risks and issues within their areas of activity, including the development and delivery of risk workshops, ensuring presentations and outputs are appropriately structured and recorded
• Ensure that WMCA’s Annual Business Plan and Corporate Strategy are subject to a full risk assessment with all risks to the achievement of strategic objectives being captured on the Strategic Risk Register
• Collaborate with the Head of Programme Assurance & Appraisal identify the key risk exposures to WMCA that should form part of the Internal Audit Plan
• Membership of Institute of Risk Management (IRM) would be advantageous
• Experience in Risk Management practices, models and techniques
• An appreciation of the role of the Internal and External Audit functions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage stakeholders and colleagues across the WMCA
• Demonstrable autonomy and be self-motivated to manage work plan and objectives
• High levels of honesty, probity, integrity and confidentiality
• The ability to apply strategic thinking and contribute to the direction of the Finance & Business Hub
• The skills to collaborate and to be a team player supporting colleagues through change
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better-connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be, and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
To apply for this job please visit emea3.recruitmentplatform.com.