2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Senior Chef – SIX Restaurant
Salary – £20,000 – £25,000 per annum
SIX is the award-winning restaurant situated in BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art. Along with spectacular views of the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, SIX offers a fantastic modern British menu served with flair and charm in a unique setting.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, passionate chef to take on a key role in our kitchens. The role requires the successful candidate to have exceptional leadership and communication skills along with the ability to train staff and get the best out of team members as well as directly support the Head Chef. A good knowledge of due diligence and cost control, and experience working in fast moving kitchens is a must for any successful candidate.
As we re-emerge from the Covid 19 pandemic we are focussing on providing the highest level of hospitality in an environment that engages staff to enable them to develop and thrive. This includes limiting our opening hours to offer a better work life balance and offer a menu that provides our usual high level of quality but focuses on enabling guests to enjoy our spaces in a sociable fashion. The restaurant will be open for 5 days and 4 nights per week.
Working with an exciting and fresh core menu based on locality and sustainability, you will be producing food items along with assisting in the service of food items.
Candidates for the role are required to have previous professional experience within a quality environment.
What We Are Looking For
Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Professional experience working in a quality establishment.
• A steady and stable career in catering.
• High volume experience is desired from all candidates.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills.
• A passion for food and its presentation, service, and quality.
• Career minded individuals wishing to excel and develop.
• Strong background in Health & Safety and HACCP procedures.
• Be flexible to shift patterns.
• Staff keep 100% of tips (paid through TRONC system)
• 28 days holiday plus extra days for years worked
• Flexible working
• Access to emotional and financial support provided by Hospitality Action
• Generous discounts at all Fresh Element operated sites
• Dining vouchers on your birthday
• Training and development opportunities
• Food on shift
To apply, please click ‘Apply’ to forward a copy of you CV.