2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Wickham Laboratories is a GMP/GLP compliant laboratory with over 50 years of global experience in specialised pharmaceutical and medical device testing in the fields of microbiology and toxicology.
Senior Engineer – Site Services
We currently have a permanent, full-time vacancy for a Senior Engineer. Following an initial period of training within the Site Services department the intention is to develop the position so that instrumentation calibration & equipment repairs will become the primary role. Responsibilities listed will develop with competency & experience on-site. Working hours would be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8 am – 4.00 pm. On completion of training the successful candidate should be prepared to form part of the call out rota (currently 1 week in 4 for 24/7), this might change according to the number of staff available on rota.
• Multi-skilled engineer
• Ability to calibrate instrumentation, sensors & gauges
• Can fault-find on control systems including the BMS
• Good IT skills including excel & ability to learn new IT systems
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication
• Demonstrate good organisational skills, problem-solving skills, ability to multitask and to work well under pressure
• Ability to prioritise work using your own initiative
• Repair & maintenance of equipment & systems throughout the site
• Calibration of temperature and humidity instrumentation, thermometers and humidity sensors including IceSpy Notion Pro & Rotronics
• Plan calibrations in to meet scheduled due dates
• Preparing & writing calibration reports
• General housekeeping duties
• Any other reasonable tasks for which you are able & competent to carry out including DIY, pipework repairs, fixing leaks & routine electromechanical maintenance across the site
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at level C/4 or above, two of which should be in Maths and English and HNC in Engineering (or equivalent).
• A good knowledge of GxP Systems and other appropriate regulatory requirements.
• Candidates should have good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
• Ability to demonstrate an experienced & good understanding of instrumentation calibration
Salary and reward package:
• Salary £25,000 to £32,000 depending on qualifications and experience
• 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Auto-enrolment pension, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
• Extra day off on your birthday
• Free car park, tea and coffee
Please click ‘apply’ to forward your CV.
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.