2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Senior Health and Safety Consultant
Location: Sheffield and remote
Hours of Work: Full time, permanent
We are HS Direct (part of the Citation Group of companies)– One of the UK’s biggest providers of Health and Safety, HR, Employment Law, and ISO Services to businesses. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We’ve grown in size in the past few years and plan to do it again with your help. We’re a great bunch of people to work with because we care so much about our colleagues and culture. We’re not interested in hierarchy or politics, just getting things done and enabling people to be their brilliant selves.
Why HS Direct? Why now?
With everything going on with Covid-19, we get that you might have had your working life totally flipped on its head. You might be working and have realised your business can’t offer you what you need either personally or culturally anymore. Or you might have been furloughed and had time to think, so now is the time for a change.
As we continue to grow, exciting opportunities have arisen at HS Direct for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join our Health and Safety Team.
Working with a departmental management team, we require someone to take ownership of the content and quality of the company’s Health & Safety output whilst also supporting HS Direct Ltd potential and existing clients with Health & Safety matters. The role also includes mentoring of this small team of health and safety professionals focussing on working with individuals to motivate them to be their best.
You’ll also be part of a wider resourced collaborative team of safety professionals across our expanding group – around 100 in total, with varying levels of expertise and across multiple sectors.
You will be a clear communicator with strong organisational skills who is self-motivated and inspires confidence. They will achieve their goals through involving and working with others, within and outside of the team, respecting their views and always acting within HS Direct’s values.
Working remotely at times, strong computer based technical skills are essential for the efficient use of software and systems facilitating service delivery.
Knowledge and experience of health and safety ideally gained over the last 3 years is required with a minimum of a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and chartered membership to a recognised health and safety association i.e CMIOSH.
• Assist other departments by keeping the company advice, products & Marketing in line with regulatory change and industry best practice
• Provide advice and support to potential and existing clients through verbal and written communications (telephone, email, written reports etc)
• Carry out document writing on client’s request as indicated by HS Direct Ltd Board of Directors or
Head of Departments
• To carry out site visits to clients to undertake the following; Health & Safety Audits, Accreditation Assistance visits, Health & Safety Training, Accident Investigation and other Health & Safety related consultancy services
• Inspire a team of qualified health and safety professionals whose goal is to deliver technical support and advice to high customer service standards in resolving clients’ queries
• Encourage open communication and support for ideas and improvements.
• Seek resolutions to issues identified by colleagues or clients in order to enhance the service provided
• Work closely with team leaders, managers and consultants to ensure effective resource planning including induction and training programmes
• Guide the team on the effective referral and co-ordination of consultancy services
• Develop effective relationships with service teams, the wider business and group companies focusing on positive client journeys
• Investigate issues, providing feedback on the outcomes and where required implementing changes to prevent a recurrence
• Prepare and present technical guidance, information, and updates to the service team and colleagues in the business
• Ensure CPD and knowledge of developments or changes relating to health and safety legislation and best practice is maintained
What you get from us?
Working for HS Direct you will receive 25 days holiday, your birthday off work, pension contributions, and more.
With recent investment from KKR, where else could you take your career on an exciting journey where even you won’t know the end destination – if this excites you, we are the place for you.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional, and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no ‘mood hoovers’ here thanks!). So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.
Think you have got what it takes? Apply below!