2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Service Manager – West Bromwich/Great Barr homes
(Services are 2.5 miles apart)
Post Code: B71 4AQ
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
£32,000 Dependent on experience (Preferable experience in dual management)
CareTech is a leading nationwide social care provider delivering a package of high quality, individually tailored care for Adults with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions.
Established since 1993, Caretech have developed our services to support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes, and also in residential care whilst being able to access their local community.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Service Manager to manage our two services one in West Bromwich and one in Great Barr. The one in Great Barr currently has 5 service users, all male. They have learning difficulty as well as other complex needs. The service in West Bromwich is an 8 bedded service again for service users with learning disability, physical disability and other complex needs.
You will need to flexible as this role will require working evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Responsibilities of the Service Manager:
• Deliver a high level of quality support to Service Users, ensuring each service is safe, effective, caring, and always responsive to the Service Users needs
• Manage and monitor staff of the area’s homes and services, ensuring effective utilisation of resources to enable the provision of good quality, safe and effective services.
• To ensure that all statutory, regulatory and Company Policy requirements are monitored, managed and achieved.
• To ensure that the assessment process of new clients is carried out promptly and effectively, by appropriate team members, ensuring the effective completion of their placement and transition and that the required liaison with Service Commissioners, Carers, Marketing Department others is completed.
• To take a lead in the development of new services.
• To participate in events, meetings etc., where the intention is to publicise the Company, and to support the marketing of available services.
• Encourage innovative practices and approaches throughout the organisation, working with the Directors, and other Service Managers to identify areas of diversification that may provide value to the organisation, and those who use our services.
Key Skills Required
The successful Service Manager will have:
• Positive, pleasant and approachable
• Empowering others to become stronger and more confident in controlling their lives
• Minimum of four years’ experience within the learning disability or mental health sector
• Experience in the private care sector within the last 3 years.
• Relevant professional qualification / accredited vocational qualification or working towards Level 4 manager’s award
• Have proven experience of management and supervision of a large budget and activities of budget holders.
• An understanding of/and commitment to Equal Opportunities
• Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & social Care legislation, including the Mental Health Act.
• Ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally
• Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CQC Compliance standards.
• Able to work unsociable hours
• Competitive salary
• Induction programme
• Dedicated learning and development programmes
• Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
• Free DBS check
• Free parking
• Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn up to £250 per referral
• Pension scheme
• Annual Employee Awards Evening
• Employee recognition schemes
• Company share save scheme
• CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply!
All applications & CV’s received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 day please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion.