2mejobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Job Title: Support Worker
Salary: £21,894.00 or £11.05 per hour
Job type: Fixed Full Time/Flexible Zero Hours
For more than 40 years, Outward has been providing high-quality support and care services to vulnerable people in London and has grown from strength to strength. We believe in engaging, enabling and empowering the people we support to make positive choices, take advantage of opportunities and live the lives they want.
About the Role
We are a learning Disability project looking for enthusiastic people to join our Supported Living Services in Hackney, providing support to people with Autism, who live in their own flats or shared accommodation within the service. Although experience in support work is ideal, the role may also be suitable for anyone who may have some personal experience of care and would enjoy a new challenge of supporting vulnerable people to learn new skills and develop confidence and independence and to feel valued. If you hold a current driving licence that would be a bonus.
Do you have a positive can-do attitude and:
• The ability to build positive relationships with people with autism, their families, friends and other professionals
• Can demonstrate your ability to be creative and empowering in your support practice and lead by example to showcase what the person can achieve through your active support
• Have the resilience to support people through difficult days as well as the super good ones and embrace working with positive behaviour support strategies
• Are energetic and able to support people to access the community and have lots of meaningful physical exercise
• Have good communication skills and are willing to learn on the job and through training to deliver a great service to the people we support
• Flexible approach to work pattern that covers evening and weekend working
Positive Behaviour Support
Outward Housing supports people who are known to present behaviours of concern by using the Positive Behaviour Support model because PBS puts the person first.
PBS is pro-active and the main focus is getting the environment right for the individual, rather than responses/reactions following challenging behaviour and on better supporting the person through improving their quality of life.
PBS approaches are based on a set of values of enabling inclusion, choice, participation and equality of opportunity. PBS is about working in partnership with the person, their family, staff and professionals.
Existing knowledge/experience in following the PBS approach would be beneficial but not essential as we do provide extensive training. A shared value of understanding and supporting a person’s behaviour and finding ways to work with them to improve this is essential.
We value everything our support workers do for the people we support, so we provide a great benefits package such as:
• Flexible working hours that will give you the work-life balance that is right for you
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
• Computing Scheme
• Credit Union Scheme
• Cycle-to-Work Scheme
• Death in Service Benefit
• Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
• Blue Light Card
• Eyecare Vouchers
• Flu Jab Reimbursement
• Long Service Awards
• Pension Scheme
• Purchase Additional Annual Leave
• Refer-a-Friend Scheme
• Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Outward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsided by Outward.
The closing date for all applications is 29th May 2022
Interviews will be held on 12th & 13th June 2022
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this job please visit isw.changeworknow.co.uk.