2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Training Coordinator/Learning & Development Coordinator
Salary: £23 – 27k
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
Citation and our acquired companies, are going through an exciting time, expanding our portfolio by developing and introducing new products and services to clients. This is a really exciting to join us in this newly created role. Across our group companies we have over 45,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 10 businesses over the last 3 years which offer products and services that our clients need and want; we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
Moving is a risk – is that what you’re thinking? Don’t worry. We’ve just entered our 3rd wave of private equity ownership alongside KKR and Hg Capital and don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This also means as the company grows over the next 3 to 5 years, you’ve got the opportunity to do so too! If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
What is the Citation Service Academy?
Here at Citation, we believe in growing our own talent in house, giving people opportunities to learn and develop on the job whilst being supported by a whole team of competent colleagues. We recruit on values and seek out people who fit our culture and the way we work- knowing that with what we have in place we can support people to reach their potential.
We are currently running 4 Service Academy programmes within our group – Health and Safety Consultant, HR Advisor, Fire Risk Assessors and our Electrical engineer Development programme.
Within each of these services we recruit people with some degree of training and experience and support them to develop their competency in their specific service field, completing the relevant accreditations whilst instilling our Citation values throughout their whole development.
The Service Academy has grown massively since its inception in 2018 and its continuing to develop as Citation continues to grow and it’s now time to bring on more support into the team to ensure it can match the pace required by our dynamic group.
What will you be doing?
• The role will involve supporting the business-as-usual functions such as supporting recruitment, leading on inductions, ensuring all new colleagues get a warm welcome into the Citation Group and managing their onboarding to support them to hit the ground running whilst ensuring business needs are met.
• There will be a lot of coordination tasks with diary bookings, matching the academy colleagues with their experienced counterparts, managing timetables, booking of courses and hotels, liaising with operation teams and managers in the service areas to ensure the colleagues are engaged in meaningful work that supports both the business and the persons development. The role will also involve ensuring the administrative functions are carried out including ensuring that documents are issued and returned on time and uploaded to internal systems to ensure records are always up to date.
• As the position works across the service groups the role will be heavily focused on your relationship with people, the ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation across all service areas, will be pivotal to the success of the role.
• You will also be a point of contact for the academy colleagues – checking in with them frequently and feeding back to the wider academy teams and managers.
• As the academy is diverse and dynamic there are many reactive tasks that will be required – involving problem solving and creative thinking.
• A proportion of the role is the development of in-house materials to support the development programmes and someone with experience in producing presentations, documents and training packages would be desirable and the ability to lead sessions where appropriate.
• There will be a mentoring role function within the role- whilst you may not be a technical specialist you will know who to turn to in order to access support and offer non-technical mentoring/ coaching support.
• The growth of our company with the right people is essential and therefore commercial awareness is a vital skill and it will be part of your role to ensure our academy colleagues have the commercial awareness to embed this within their work. You will need to be able to model these behaviours throughout l your interactions.
• As the service academy grows there is the potential to grow with the programme – to undertake additional training to enhance what you can bring to the academy. – so, someone with a good vision and innovative mind would be a strong candidate for this role, someone who can take the reins and own projects from conception through to fruition.
• The role will be managed directly by the Service Academy Manager and through teamwork and collaboration you will agree objectives to work to. However, the role will require a good deal of autonomy and initiative to propose solutions to problems and handle the day to day business as usual tasks
Our ideal candidate
• Experience of administrative work – being organised, ability to plan ahead and ensure deadlines are mapped out and met.
• Experience of the coordination and of work activities / diary management for multiple people.
• Experience of working across multiple teams with different requirements.
• Experience of developing and delivering learning materials.
• Experience of coaching/ mentoring / training and general development of people
• Experience of people management
• Desire to undertake further training and development.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent people skills are critical
• Ability to lead, motivate and inspire others
• Experience in HR or any of the other service sectors would be desirable
• Training qualification / coaching qualifications would be desirable
• Qualifications in any of the service sectors would be desirable
Please click ‘Apply’ to continue your application.