2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire
Salary: up to £45,000 DOE
We are Citation Group. We offer colleagues and clients an opportunity they will not gain at many other businesses. We are interested in growth, investment and service excellence, we have never and will never grow our business by cost-cutting or tying people up in bureaucracy. We don’t do politics – we want people focused upon actions and delivery. We don’t do micro-management – we empower, support and innovate. We are leaders, not empire builders and we love our business.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join us in this recently created role. Across our group companies, we have over 60,000 clients who love us, need us and want to buy more from us. Having acquired 13 businesses over the last 4 years which offer products and services that our clients need and want; we’re only interested in future growth; we’re not finished yet.
We’ve just entered our 3rd wave of private equity ownership alongside KKR and Hg Capital and don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This also means as the company grows over the next 3 to 5 years, you’ve got the opportunity to do so too! If the prospect of this excites you… good, you’re the right type of person for us.
In this key role, you will work with a UX Researcher, key stakeholders and teams right across the business. It is a wide and varied role with bags of opportunity and support. With continual double-digit growth year on year, our business thrives on people with vision, determination, agility, focus and brilliant people skills.
You will play a key role in evolving the direction of Citation’s group-wide software platforms. We’re looking for a designer who can help us to create and streamline day-to-day interactions with our software activities, ensuring that our products put and keep clients in full control of their compliance and quality responsibilities. With investor backing to take the platforms to the next level, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be bold and think big on how Citation Group can support the SME space through great design.
As a UI designer, you’ll need to:
• Liaise with our UX researcher to understand product specifications and user psychology.
• Participate in the end-to-end, iterative product process from requirements gathering with Product Owners measuring design performance to creating user-centred designs having considered business needs and user feedback
• Consider existing applications and evaluate their UI effectiveness.
• Consider the human-computer interaction element of a design.
• Define interaction models, user task flows, and specifications.
• Communicate scenarios (hypothetical and actual users), end-to-end use cases, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
• Develop and maintain a design style guide, wireframes and prototypes for multiple streams supporting the platform.
• Have great verbal communication skills, as you’ll present your designs to various stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the wider product and engineering team to create an intuitive and user-friendly platform, whilst considering technical constraints.
• Be strong at leading with the client and not what the platform does today.
We are looking for some who has
• A passion for user-centric design and innovation.
• An artistic eye for design.
• The ability to think creatively with a strong portfolio of design projects.
• Proficiency in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq, Figma, Adobe CC, Adobe XD) although we’re open to providing the software tools that you prefer, after all you’re the expert!
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• An understanding of the latest trends and self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
• A professional approach to deadlines – operates with ease in a fast-paced and demanding business.
• Understanding of Agile ways of working and Sprint based development.
• Coordinate with developers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design/development handover.
What’s in it for you?
We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and we don’t expect you to either! From your birthday off (paid!), space hopper races and incredible Christmas parties, to a 25-day holiday entitlement, gym membership discount and #freedrinkFriday, we do our fair share to keep things fun.