2mesjobs 2M Employment Solutions Ltd
Warehouse Team Leader
Remuneration:£25k to 27k per annum (excluding Loyalty Bonus)
Benefits Pension – 6% company contribution
Private Dental Care
Loyalty bonus £1000 (after 2 years’ service) Increasing by £200 per year thereafter.
20 days holiday (increasing to 25 days)
Job Type Permanent, Full Time (Monday – Friday 42.5 hours per week, 8.5 hours per day, 30 minutes paid lunch)
Rhenus High Tech is an established and highly regarded specialist logistics solutions company providing technical transport, engineering, warehousing, and other technical services to multiple High Tech industries and some of the world’s leading manufacturers of high tech, high-value equipment. We have been supporting clients in the High Tech industry for in excess of 40 years.
Due to our continued growth and expansion into new and exciting sectors, we are looking to recruit Warehouse Team Leader to join our experienced team based at our Headquarters in Ashford Middlesex TW15 (near Heathrow Airport & outside of Ultra Low Emission Zone).
To assist and support the Warehouse Operations Manager with the day-to-day planning and overall supervision of warehouse operations including the allocation of work to the warehouse staff.
At times of Absence or Holiday (Team Leader), you will be required to supervise the whole warehouse operation.
• Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, making the most efficient use of resources available, both staff and space.
• Organise the warehouse areas, making the best and most efficient use of space, taking in to account customer, company, and product requirements.
• Ensure that all procedures are followed and detailed records are kept, for Goods In, Goods Out, Quarantine, and other processes.
• Ensure that all warehouse activities are closely supervised and managed and any issues immediately reported and escalated
• Constantly review processes and systems and recommend improvements and changes.
• Ensure that customers are invoiced for all chargeable warehouse activities on a monthly basis.
• Organise all activities & assign jobs accordingly for staff.
• Assist in the managing of stock control: the goods receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely picking of goods; shipment loading & transferring; document recording and data entry into system.
• Ensure that cyclical and weekly, monthly, and annual stock checks are undertaken and are accurate.
• Investigate and report on any warehouse issues for damaged or missing stock
• Implement any corrective actions that come from investigations of issues
• Develop staff skills as required
• Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and undertake quarterly audits and weekly inspections and safety tours
• Take responsibility for the security of the building.
• Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
• Issue Inventory reports to customers.
• Look for and Implement cost reduction measures in all aspects of warehouse activities.
• Audit, check and sign off weekly staff timesheet
• Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse
• Recruitment and supervision of all warehouse staff
• Adhere to the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times
• Maintain the standards of the company as defined in ISO9001 and ISO14001
• Ensure that all processes are adhered to.
Key Skills and Experience
• Previous experience as a Warehouse Operative in a high value, high tech environment is essential
• Excellent IT knowledge and warehouse systems knowledge essential.
• Commercially astute with direct customer service experience of working closely with customers on a regular basis is essential.
• Good People management skills.
• Good general level of education.
• Good team member who can also work on own initiative.
• A Flexible and Can-do attitude.
• Good organisation and communication skills
To be considered for this position, please click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for this position.
All applications must be submitted by 17:30hrs on 30th September 2021
If you do not hear from the HR Department within 2 weeks of submitting your application, then you have not been successful on this occasion